The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 4:14 am

Finally found something SW and vintage last weekend....

YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 FLoJ3Qm

Star Wars Weekly released by Marvel UK Issues #40,41,42,43,45,50,51,53. Watch out for the FF thread soon!

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:23 am

Junk shop, £3, evil! Had to have it, the Mrs. hates it  Razz  she really hates clowns  No  I've named him Pogo after John Wayne Gacy  Smile 
This morning I said to our lass "hey Laura, when I went in the back room earlier, Pogo had moved"  Razz  she waasn't very happy  Very Happy 

YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 Sany2021
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 8:25 am

I recently bought six sealed vintage Micro figures from a car boot sale for £2.50  Very Happy 
YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 Dscn6815
Having looked at this thread: https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2364-micro-ships-thread?highlight=micro+ships
they are from the Death Star Escape playset.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 1:24 pm

Stef, cool comics find, and your FF thread was very generous  Cool 

Alex - that clown is evil. My younger brother has never forgiven me for putting a ventriloquist dummy under his bed one night and saying "Charlie is looking at your knickers"  Twisted Evil 

Steve - nice micro figs find, in baggies too  cheers  Good to read that old micro thread again. Never did get round to buying any others, but they're still very appealing.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:

Steve - nice micro figs find, in baggies too  cheers  Good to read that old micro thread again. Never did get round to buying any others, but they're still very appealing.

Thanks Paul. I'm tempted to pick up some of the Micro sets myself.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 6:18 pm

artoo-detour wrote:
Alex - that clown is evil. My younger brother has never forgiven me for putting a ventriloquist dummy under his bed one night and saying "Charlie is looking at your knickers"

Haha, quality! Next week when I go to work I'm gonna leave him in the corridor outside my bedroom with a knife in his hand for when our lass gets up for work  :cool laugh: 

She'll be fuming!
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 6:44 am

Not sure you can call these treasures but picked these up for £1 each this morn.

YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZGm-2Id0_039IVMfzdUNKWhR4DYGD7l9Eb_ErMb_01BgytrDH

YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZ5uv4J68nVtsiCBnPCUb_o19qsQxFcSZ3Mw39J-LHb-bp2z2MOw

Also picked up a bundle of clone wars DVD's. Something for me and the little one to watch together.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 7:46 am

@Section 8 wrote:
Not sure you can call these treasures but picked these up for £1 each this morn.

Andrew, nice score for a quid each! I have both of these, the Meco is awesome cheers to me they're treasures, one of my side focuses is SW vinyl records: Vinyl Records - the collection of Artoo_Detour

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 8:14 am

I have that Star Wars record, one of the first records I ever bought when I was about 9 or something at a Cub-Scout fund raiser.  :clap:  Sure I still have it somewhere  :scratch:  Play it man it's got some really funky version of theme songs on it!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 9:45 am

MP3s of the album single on my Google Drive you can download if you wish:

Star Wars

B Side

I use the Star Wars track in my goofy videos showing off my LED lighting in my displays.  geek 

I bought a $10 SD card based, battery powered MP3 player with built in speakers that I velcroed under my main display case with that song and a few classic SW scores.

Anyway........

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 3:50 am

Great pickup, Andy!  cheers 

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 8:40 am

While having an unproductive stroll round a car boot sale this morning my eye was caught by a stall with a few 70's /80's board games in rather dusty, tired boxes. As I drew closer I caught a glimps of something more interesting waiting to be unloaded.

Ta-Da
YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 Dscn6913

Although the box has seen better days, the AT-AT is complete and in great condition. This is the first decent car boot find I've had for a l-o-n-g time. The person selling it was the original owner, so I got it for a very reasonable price.  cheers 

There's nothing like spotting some vintage SW in the 'wild' to get the old pulse racing.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 8:59 am

:clap:  awesome find Steve, well done! It looks in top shape and bonus to have the box too. Funny as we were discussing the AT-AT chin guns recently  cheers 

I went to a flea market this morning and also saw an AT-AT... although it was the modern version. It was unboxed and looked to be missing a couple of bits so I passed. Especially as it was about as big as a family dog. I believe the modern ones are bigger than originals.

Congrats again mate   Cool

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 9:12 am

Great catch, Steve!  cheers 

I can imagine how excited you must have felt when spotting that AT AT out in the wild.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 9:30 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
:clap:  awesome find Steve, well done! It looks in top shape and bonus to have the box too. Funny as we were discussing the AT-AT chin guns recently  cheers 

Thank you Paul. I thought that was rather ironic myself.

Artoo_Detour wrote:

I went to a flea market this morning and also saw an AT-AT... although it was the modern version. It was unboxed and looked to be missing a couple of bits so I passed. Especially as it was about as big as a family dog. I believe the modern ones are bigger than originals.

Congrats again mate   Cool

The POTF2 & Saga AT-AT's are the same size as the vintage one. The latter releases are much bigger though, with lots of parts that can be lost, so you may have been wise to pass.  Very Happy

@Dr Dengar wrote:

Great catch, Steve! cheers

Thanks Marco.

Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 9:50 am

Nice find Steve. cheers  It must have been nice to find out it was complete. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 10:54 am

Nice find Steve :clap:  does that mean you have some spare chin guns now   :cool laugh: 
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 11:06 am

@General Kahn wrote:
does that mean you have some spare chin guns now   :cool laugh: 

sorry Alex, John is confiscating all the team's chin guns at the moment in his effort to become Chin Gun Overlord!

In the meantime we're having to ask old Brucie to sort us out in the chin gun department!! 

YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 51l7wm10

Smile

Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Wow that is a great find Steve, congratulations!  :clap: 
Its reassuring to know you can still pick up quality vintage items at car boot sales.
These days most people have cottoned on to their potential value and go straight to evil bay with em  Sad
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 4:27 am

@General Kahn wrote:
Nice find Steve :clap:  does that mean you have some spare chin guns now   :cool laugh: 

:cool laugh: Nice try Alex. (I'm am looking for you though)
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 4:55 am

Some nice finds here, and congrats on that boxed at-at WOW!!

Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:08 pm

Picked these up for a £1 each. Never seen the stamp album before and is complete with all SW stamps too.  Very Happy 

YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 P1010001_zpsc08de3a5

YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 P1010002_zps9e8dbd42
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:59 am

Love the stamp album for a quid. You might also like the SW Spaceships stamps from the same company Harris & Co...

https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4665-tig-world-of-odd-stationery  (see very last pic on post #1)

..feel free to add your stampbook pics to this thread too Cool

Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 8:14 am

Will do, Artoo. I'll take some better pictures for that section. 

These are today's pick up's. Around 40-50 comic issues for £15. Issue number 4 onwards with some gaps. Surely a good deal I thought. 

£15 for both sizes of figures with stands. Not in great condition, but surely worth a little more. 

YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 P1010045_zps8e73f1f6

YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 P1010046_zpse434fc84
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 9:24 am

Thanks! That UK comic haul is sweet  cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES   YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YOUR FLEA MARKET TREASURES

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-