The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:38 am

@chiktabba wrote:
I can't see melt marks, bubble, cracks

Although these are common traits that are often found on Poch variants, not always, and these can also be found on Kenner figures (although much less common). Although you can't see it from the front, the top half of his torso is cracked along the weld line.
The main difference that makes this figure unique is his brown hair. This specific figure (COO family II) was only released with brown hair in Spain on a 37-41 Back card.
Else where he waas released with Yellow hair by Kenner and orange hair by Palitoy.

If you look here at Wolff's Poch Guide , he gives a good desription (He's the one in the middle)  Smile
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:49 am

thank's very much
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 4:14 pm

cheers

I don't know how many of you have read the topic over on RS from greedodidntshoot about a recent find he made from a former Kenner employee containing all sorts of goodies including some pre-production items. The Kenner employee worked in their Product Integrity Department.

In the find was a Leia Bespin safety test figure (among others) which has a letter 'S' on her back denoting 'Safety' - not sure how they used her though. With the help and info from Steve (The_Dark_Artist) I got in contact with Gary (greedodidntshoot) and was able to secure the Leia Bespin.

A HUGE thanks to Steve for the help and Gary for letting her move to her new home here. Smile

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 13427387495_489003b8a8_c

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 13432721793_38df7574a9_z

She is a COO#2 Crew Neck with what I like to call 'Sleepy Eyes' paint application. She can be found carded on her debut Kenner 31B cards. No accessories, just the figure.

The round case is just temporary. Once I get my ducks in a row, I do plan on sending her over to CIB to get a COA and encase her. I normally hate that, but I do want the COA and the little extra protection won't hurt.

Anyway... been one hell of a start to my year!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 4:21 pm

cheers  That went through quick! Nice that you can finally add a figure to your preprduction stuff  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 4:39 pm

What a great addition to your focus Jay. Congratulations, she couldn't have found a better home!  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 4:49 pm

Wow love that GL X-wing Paul, it looks in amazing condition.

Alex - congratulations on acquiring that final missing figure in your Luke Bespin focus, it must be quite a satisfying feeling and a proud sense of achievement mate  Smile 

Jay - congratulations on bagging the pre-production leia Bespin safety test figure. You must be over the moon with her  Smile 

you have all have made fantastic new additions to your foci, congratulations guys  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:42 am

I'd like to publically thank Julio for helping me source this from Brazil.  :clap: 

Released by Estrela the Brazilian 'exclusive' silver bumblebee transformer mini-bot.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Fj9JEER
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 3AkYLtM

Most of us if lucky only got to see the yellow and red versions released in the US/Euro during the 80's.

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/1984-autobots-32/bumblebee-43/

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:47 am

Great pickups everyone

Jay - Leia is awesome, but a great story with it too!

Stef - Cool Bumblebee , which Episode was he in? (J/K)

Alex - Nice score on Luke!

Paul - That is so cool. Love the Glasslite stuff, the coolest boxed vehicles IMO !

Tommy - Leia looks great!

Nicolas - That Death Star is super cool!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:31 pm

Cheers for the Glasslite comps fellas  Cool

@cantina_patron wrote:

@Paul that X-wing is stunning. Are there any other variants that you're after for your focus?

thanks mate, Would love to add one of the Kenner Canada versions and a PBP.

@Jay - that's so cool you got the test Leia Bespin, congrats  cheers

@Stef, congrats, bet that's one of your new fave VWs for the collection now  cheers

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Couldn't have found a better home Jay : ) LOVE the Leia! Glad I could help my friend : )
I have a few items too. Will wait to post when they are in hand : )
Hope you are all well : ) -Steve
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:12 pm

hello friends,

here are two figs I found yesterday in star figures shops in paris. the han hoth is scar, pale face/pbp? and second is bossk no coo. Han hoth was in cheap beatten figures case, not so bad if it is a pbp Smile

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Img_6323

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Img_6324

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Img_6325

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Img_6326
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Nice bargain bin score  :clap: 

When it rains it pours  cheers  You hunt for one the years and then you end up with two in the space of a week, this was a gamble that worked out at £2.50.  Smile 

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Sany2025
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Congrats on that little VW Stef, you must be dead chuffed with it  Very Happy 

Alex Wow you jammy git  tongue that was a super stroke of luck mate, congrats on your second Poch Luke Bespin, what a bargain!!!

Nicholas, congrats on your latest, very nice looking Euro variants mate  :clap:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:25 pm

Finally some time to go through your latest purchases. Thank God it is weekend!  cheers
Starting at page 3:

Ryan: Nice Jawa 41E MOC!

Jason:  Good to see you have started a mini rig side focus: Canadian CAP-2, and desert sail Skiff.  cheers
Is the wrap factory applied?

AJ: Congrats winning the weapon lot.
You mention that the gamble paid off. You are referring to the Tri/YPS Snowtrooper skirt?

Joe: Good work on the Tri Fett.   cheers

Andy: Nice MIB Speeder Bike, also from a nice chap! Very Happy

Jay: Cool to retrieve your childhood CAP-2 + Stormi from your dad after so many years.   cheers

Bud: Great minty Warok and Luke Poncho. Did your friend like them as well?
BTW: Impressing snow landscape in your backyard. And thanks for sharing a video limelight. Great collection!  cheers

Stef: Start to love those monthly minty variant updates. Congrats on the Hungarian Chewie!  cheers
I see that your Bossk COO#1 has faded limbs and a bit greenish brown limbs. Mine has these as well. Probably something linked to this COO.
I believe there is also Spanish variant with COO#1 having distinct paint differences (different red on the collar, lips, eyes, smaller chest cross). I picked up a second Spanish figure now. Will try to make some pics at a later moment.

Nicholas: I am happy for you that you got your lot of Spanish figures in the end. Great that Sergio and Javi helped you. Really nice figures, congrats!  Very Happy

Steve: Good job on the Playdoh paper work from a former Kenner Designer/Production Manager.  cheers

Tommy: Nice trilogo Boussh MOC!

Jose: Congrats picking up the Lili Ledy DV TIE Fighter and X-Wing Model Kits. cheers

Jay: Great to see you could land the R5 variant with help of Stef.

Jason: Nice MIB bilogo INT-4

Jay: Cool pick up, the Leia Bespin Lee Wards Suncatcher!  cheers

Chris: Fantastic haul of loose figures and even a Top Toys Vader MOC to top it off. Wow!  cheers

Jay: Great to have your childhood Imperial Troop Transporter back. Was there still anything left inside the prisoner area?

Nicholas: Good job on picking up a Meccano Death Star.  Very Happy
I had to laugh about Snaggletooth trying to sneak out on the bridge, back to Mos Eisley.

Jay: Truly nice set of new Leia Bespin figures to fuel your focus and research. Also a great discovery that the blond Leia Bespin does not seem to be exclusive to Lili Ledy.

Alex: Good job scoring a third POCH Luke Bespin variant. I will have to start hunting for him now too.  Very Happy

Tommy: Congrats on your Tri MOC Leia. The card and bubble look in very good condition.

Paul: That MIB Glasslite X-Wing is just fantastic. I am happy for you that you could land one for your focus collection!  :clap:

Jay: Good job on the Leia Bespin safety test figure. Great that Steve (The Dark Artist) helped you securing this piece for your collection.

Stef: Brazilian 'exclusive' silver bumblebee transformer mini-bot?!!! Never seen it before, but hell it looks cool.  cheers

Nicholas: Congrats picking up han Hoth and Bossk in the wild.

Alex: Congrats picking up a second POCH Luke in such a short time.  :clap:  

Cheers
Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 7:20 am

A few bits that arrived yesterday  Very Happy  Massive thanks to Jay (psybertech) for securing these pieces for me State's side and being my post master  bow  Big thanks to James (ourchickenshack) also for providing some of the figures and also Trevor (rubberlike) Cheers guys  cheers 

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Sany2026

Couple of COO variants.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Sany2027

Mexican SA bootleg, COO variant, POCH Luke, Factory Error unpainted belt and an ROTJ 48 D Cardback

Cheers again guys
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Well I finally got my pics uploaded of the items I bought over the last month or so, like the comics from the comic book sale.

Here are my Star Wars Weekly comics I will be getting more at the next show I met someone who has way more.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 DSC00055_zps36e006ec
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 DSC00053_zpsb81bf756
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 DSC00051_zpsf7e09b44

Some Star Wars Comics

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 DSC00059_zps7434d890
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 DSC00058_zps4d6753b2

Star Wars Battle of the Deathstar Game Canadian version, I found this at a local good will store.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 DSC00045_zps61060979
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 DSC00046_zpse855033f
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 DSC00047_zps8671c9b9

And some new beaters for customs I bought all the beaters the store downtown had over the last few weeks Smile

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 DSC00060_zps69cdff15
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 DSC00061_zps780b156a
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 8:17 pm

Congratulations to everyone on their latest purchases and thank you to Dr. Dengar +1 for such a detailed summary.   :clap: 

Here's a few random things I've added to the collection...

ROTJ 65 Back Leia Boushh Disguise MOC

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Leia10

ROTJ 65 Back Emperor's Royal Guard MOC

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Erg65b10

Yoda ESB 32 Back MOC

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Photo112

SW 21 Back w/Bubble cardboard and mint R2-D2

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Jggff10

R2- D2 Sensorscope Sealed Baggie

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Photo113

Early Bird Certificate (Special thanks to John/TIG for a great raffle and prize!)

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Eb10

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Erb210
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 5:59 am

@arohk wrote:
And some new beaters for customs I bought all the beaters the store downtown had over the last few weeks Smile

Your Klaatu may be a Ledy figure looking at that Skirt.  Wink

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:54 am

Nice pickups as always everyone!

@Alex: I should start actually looking at what comes my way before I ship out. I have no idea there was that unpainted belt in there! Smile

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 1:39 pm

@walkie wrote:
@arohk wrote:

Your Klaatu may be a Ledy figure looking at that Skirt.  Wink

I had better check that one closer just to be sure don't want to destroy a ledy fig thanks for warning me on that walkie
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 3:43 pm

I got this in today!!!!! Total surprise!!!!

Thanks Jay!!!

Untitled

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 7:57 am

Here's my new additions for March....

The Good...
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 TykrTDQ

Leia Bespin Outfit (Lili Ledy Blonde Hair) - Hong Kong (#2)
2-1B - No COO (#I-L1b-R2a)
Lobot - Hong Kong (#1)
Ugnaught (Purple Apron) - Hong Kong (#1) UPGRADE

The Bad...
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 UWzNnbf

Darth Vader - Hong Kong (#V-1a)
Death Squad Commander - Hong Kong (#I-1a) UPGRADE
Stormtrooper - Hong Kong 3-Line (#I-1b)
Stormtrooper - Hong Kong (#III-1a)

and the Ugly (Bootlegs)
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 GM0qPFI

Darth Vader - Stump Hand (Hungarian Bootleg)
Biker Scout (Csillagok Haboruja Bootleg)
Tie-Fighter Pilot (Uzay with custom gun)
Princess Leia Organa Cape (Csillagok Haboruja Bootleg) UPGRADE

I'm dead chuffed with the blonde haired ledy leia as it's been on my wanted list for a long long time!! and not forgetting to mention the Uzay TFP, so he ain't in the best of shapes and both legs had popped out the torso but after some careful repair work....he can stand!!

However saving the best till last....

...and the Surprise!!
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 3hTEnlM

R2-D2 (Lili Ledy 12")

A massive thanks to Jay for arranging the trans-atlantic transportation for several of these pieces  :clap: :clap:

Last edited by walkie on Mon May 05, 2014 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:25 pm

I love the ledy R2, didn't even knew it existed! congrat!!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Nice pickups everyone!

Glad to help Stef!
Very nice condition Leia Wink Happy to have her pass through and say hi to her sisters! Smile

AND Man!!!! I wish that Ledy R2 was one that passed through! I would have loved to see it in person!!!!

Very cool!

And glad you liked the Yankees R2, John! cheers

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi  cheers 
Here are a few items I just received. They came from a recent Kenner find that I was lucky enough to be a small part of. I can't thank Gary enough for everything : )
Below is a production Jawa that obviously didn't make the cut. He has paint splashed all over the place, including his face, hands, sleeves and arms. I've never seen a messier Jawa. No  My thoughts are because he was in the possession of this find, he was pulled by the gentleman that worked in product integrity. He comes with a robe from the same find.
Then I have a First Shot Luke Bespin. He is hand painted with no coo or date.  cheers 
Lastly is a hand signed letter from the Kenner employee. It talks of his days working there. It is titled "Kenners".
Thanks for looking Laughing 
-Steve

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Jawa110

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Luke110

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Luke211

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Luke311

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 Kenner11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-