The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Steve,

Great to see you secured pieces from Gary's find!
I am sure Alex is drooling right about now!  :cool laugh: 

I absolutely LOVE the messy paint Jawa! I love factory paint errors... I have a few messy paint apps that I choose to display over better ones solely because of that. I know it is not everyone's taste, but in my eyes, they are just rarer and curiosity pieces that need to be shown.

Anyway..... great stuff and thanks!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 am

:Drool: :Drool:  Wow! that's awesome Steve, I'm glad one of the first shots found it's way to you, it couldn't have found a better home.... well it could to be fair  Wink  but  you're a close second  Smile I guess this means you've broken into ESB prototypes now as well???

@psybertech wrote:
I am sure Alex is drooling right about now!

It was certainly a pleasing sight to wake up to Jay  Smile  And I agree on the sloppy paint jobs as well, they're unique and on the odd occassion, unique in such away that they are probably one of a kind, like old scar face here  Wink 

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 3a_lei10

She's your's when I die Jay  Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:16 am

Nicholas - good work on the Han Hoth and Bossk!

Alex - what a bargain for the the Poch Luke Bespin, and nice loose variants & cardback too  cheers 

Larry - love the UK Star Wars Weekly comics  Cool 

Mike - some great moc you picked up and nice to see your cool EB prize  cheers 

John - nice psyber custom!

Stef - cool pickups for the Good the Bad and the Ugly pics  cheers  and congrats finally landing a Ledy 12" R2!

Steve - congrats on the cool Luke Bespin FS! :clap:

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:15 am

Does anyone know if Luke Bespin heads are molded in the bright pink plastic that my first shot has? Forgive my question... I have 3 production Luke Bespin's and their faces are much more pale. This first shot has a very bright pink plastic. Kind of crazy... or maybe that's just me : )
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:39 am

Hi Steve, Bespin Luke has three COO families  I. HK Small, II. HK Large III. MIHK.

The HK Large & MIHK have an almost identical sculpt, only the MIHK seems to lack the defined detail. From your pictures I would say that this the HK Large sculpt. My collection contains head plastic colours in all kinds of pinks, tands, flesh colours. Finding a blonde haired MIHK figure with a pink face like that is not uncommon, as most had that colour plastic as seen here below:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Head_s10

Your first shot to me is the HK Large, All HK Large blonde haired Lukes have a much more realistic flesh colour plastic like this below:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Head_s11

All variations of Luke Bespin that feature the HK Large COO have a unique skin tone on the head, none of which is pink like Your FS Steve, so yes I would agree that it is a unique feature for that specific figure type.

If you PM me some detailed up close photo's I'll be able to confirm it is HK Large and not MIHK, but I'm fairly certain it is.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:59 am

Thanks for the reply. I was talking about the color of the head it was molded in. The flesh tone in my first shot is so pink, it's crazy and I've never seen a Luke Bespin with this pink of a face....
After re-reading your post more closely I understand what you were saying. I'm sorry for the confusion.... I get it. i just thought the tint of pink was so bright pink, it seems odd or different. But again, I don't have a lot of Luke Bespins. So what I may think looks different, may be just common : )
You learn something new every day : )
But, besides the very pink head plastic, the paint applied is just crazy cool on the first shot. It's obvious some of it was hand applied as seen on the close up of the head....
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Well, certainly not my usual pickup but 210 figures and 91 various weapons/accessories

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Fb_img10

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 10:16 pm

Shocked 

Excluding my Leia Bespins, that's more than my entire collection!!!!!!! What treasures lie inside?  Rolling Eyes 

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 1:18 am

I have to say I appreciate the quality photos you guys provide of your acquisitions as the figures themselves.  Just fantastic.

I don't have my lightbox setup, so this will have to do.  The latest piece in my Micro collection, the Death Star Trash Compactor.  I've now completed the Death Star, Bespin, and Hoth sets, plus the X-Wing and TIE.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Img_0410
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:50 am

@DarthBerizing wrote:
Well, certainly not my usual pickup but 210 figures and 91 various weapons/accessories

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Fb_img10

Shocked Wow I could have hours of fun searching though those bags, be sure to let me know if there's a TW R2 in there and you decide to part with him? Wink

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 11:38 am

Wowowwo.....just arrived....the custom Droids lot which I won in the TIG fundraising auction.  cheers 

A huge thanks to Clint for making them. The figures look astonishing and will get a nice place in my collection. Very pleased with them Very Happy 

And thanks John for organizing and sending them out at hyperspeed.

Have a nice weekend, folks! Very Happy

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Ac6f30ea-1a20-49b0-9e69-14e701b22824_zpsf3922482
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Alex won't be the only northern Englishman with a POTF B wing pilot moc.  (Well done by the way.)

Two ROTJ mags to fit with my Gam Guard focus which i quickly framed. 

Bi Logo Slave was a cheap Ebay find and is only missing the carbonite han.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 P1010469_zpsb54fc769
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Nice Slave 1!
That is one childhood vehicle that I am seriously considering re-acquiring. I loved that thing! Smile

......... and this is not really vintage but it covers vintage and after playing the detail game, the Tomarts guides have been mentioned over and over and over, so I finally picked up one which arrived today and already helped in at least one in the very first round since I had it! cheerstongue

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 13649662853_f6bd4e8fe2

First edition, first printing and signed by Sansweet and Tumbusch. Smile

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 13649663223_8c9ca7ca3c_n

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 5:56 pm

@walkie wrote:
@arohk wrote:
And some new beaters for customs I bought all the beaters the store downtown had over the last few weeks Smile

Your Klaatu may be a Ledy figure looking at that Skirt.  Wink

Thanks for the heads up bud I did a quick COO check and there is none so he is now out of the custom making area Smile
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 3:01 am

I got this nice condition Tauntaun, @ The Old Leicester Toy Shop, for £12 yesterday.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 13646166455_013db0178e_c

It's an item I'd been searching for, as an upgrade on my (much) played with childhood one, for sometime now... the vast majority of ones I've seen have had either broken saddles or harnesses, & when I've seen undamaged examples dealers have been asking far more than I was willing to shell out.
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:21 am

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Img_6421

Hi friends, nice aquisition everyone, I always check new post here because I really like it, but not always comment because got nothing to say except it's nice to share. cheers 

anyway here is a picture of last aquisition for me this last two month (I do not inclued figs I already posted):
- leia poor condition from spain
- tie pilot china
- bossk strange eye from spain
- vador ledy
- boba tri
- teebo no coo
- chewe pbp circle under foot
- ginger luke bespin
- ledy lando skiff
- biker made in hk
- madine painted face
- small v gonk
- 4 pen and top
that's make a total of 424 figs at home, most of them different (I counted today for the 1 time)  affraid 
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:48 am

@chiktabba wrote:
that's make a total of 424 figs at home, most of them different (I counted today for the 1 time)  affraid 

424 wow your collection is bigger then mine now I've thinned out my doubles and now I need to break the 400 mark again!!

Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:57 am

@chiktabba wrote:
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Img_6421

Hi friends, nice aquisition everyone, I always check new post here because I really like it, but not always comment because got nothing to say except it's nice to share. cheers 

anyway here is a picture of last aquisition for me this last two month (I do not inclued figs I already posted):
- leia poor condition from spain
- tie pilot china
- bossk strange eye from spain
- vador ledy
- boba tri
- teebo no coo
- chewe pbp circle under foot
- ginger luke bespin
- ledy lando skiff
- biker made in hk
- madine painted face
- small v gonk
- 4 pen and top

Hey Nicolas, nice additions especially the Small V Gonk!  Cool 

But you should keep Leia separated from the others as she seems to suffer from fungi!  Sad
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:47 am

Hi,

I recently got my hands on a nice death star space station playset. It's missing the rope, but otherwise in very nice condition. However, the interesting thing for me was the pictures on the box. I never realized that these were shot with the DT sabers for Darth and Obi-wan! And to me it looks like Obi-wan has his cape made from the same material as the VC jawa.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Img_1410
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Img_1411
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Img_1412
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Img_1413
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 5:14 am

hello

nice box this death star playset, wish I had more room for that  Neutral 

@Patrick, thanks very much for the gonk, very happy with it Wink

here is another nice little guy I got this morning from spain, a pbp rs pale face. it's interresting to compare it to the pink face I have found in france, the brown on torso and boots is different, darker, the white paint on the neck is wither. If you look at them close, they look pretty different, without talking about the face of course: white/pink
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 Img_7536
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:23 am

Like those Rebel Soldiers.
Regarding the death star space station playset. I like the nice close ups you captured. Both Ben and Vader appear to be first shots, with mushroom tip DT sabers and also are wearing hand cut prototype capes (that's why Ben's cape looks like a VC Jawa cape, but is made with a different material). I am uncertain if that is Bill McBride's Vader in that photo, as Chris Prince also has a mushroom tip DT Vader first shot. Good stuff!!!!!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:50 pm

cheers

Finally secured an ESB-A Leia Bespin baggie!!! I've been looking for the better part of a year, so I am very excited to finally get her!
COO#1 Turtle Neck - V3 Blue blaster - V3 Cape

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 13741216313_996f7798cc

Now to make the decision to remove her from her AFA prison. I wouldn't mind it if it had the whole baggie visible and un-folded. I am on the fence whether to send it back to have a new case made which would show the whole baggie off better. I wish I could just buy a pre-made case for it but that doesn't appear to be an option at AFA nor UKG.  No 
What to do, what to do.............

Anyway... super cool piece for me and a change to my sig and WTB list! Smile

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Jay, look at the bottom page of this link. Frank posted an incredible holder for baggies through UKG that he helped them design. This would work GREAT with your Leia baggy : )
Hope that helps....
-Steve
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1108263/
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:06 pm

@The_Dark_Artist wrote:
Jay, look at the bottom page of this link. Frank posted an incredible holder for baggies through UKG that he helped them design. This would work GREAT with your Leia baggy : )
Hope that helps....
-Steve
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1108263/

Thanks Steve! Smile
I just emailed him to see if he knew of a similar product from AFA since I really would be scared shipping it to the UK and back again. Lots of travel and risk.

Fingers crossed I can find something. Smile

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: One bog whopper find-    Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 9:01 pm

I did not even realize I had a DT saber until I got home !!  and MINT
the Ben had a B saber- so fragile one bump and the tip broke off.
all card parts footers and etc were there- and all are 100 original for cards.

all were opened but wow wow wow - on top of it the same weekend a blue snag w cantina.. it was an expensive weekend...
https://s1202.photobucket.com/user/neoneontoys/slideshow/a%20big%20find-

neoneontoys's a big find- album on Photobucket
Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-