The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks guys, it been a hell of start to my collecting year so far, but I can't imagine being able to top a PBP DSC Very Happy

@trappedtexan wrote:
Chris, do you have a limelight?  Your always finding some of the best and hardest variants around.  I can only imagine what your display might look like.

edit: never mind found it, now off to drool a bit at the pics.

lol! thanks Bryan, but my Limelight is seriously out of date and needs a complete overhaul. I will get round to it at some point though.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 5:49 pm

[quote="lol! thanks Bryan, but my Limelight is seriously out of date and needs a complete overhaul. I will get round to it at some point though.[/quote]

Easy fix.  Send me everything you have gotten since your limelight and no need for an update. lol!   Yeah your major find on that death squad commander is going to be hard to top.  Between you, Stef, and a few others here I am almost ashamed of my little collection. Embarassed   I will say after having most of it packed since the late 90's I have finally gotten a display cabinet that I am satisfied with.  Now just got to get busy getting it all out and setting it up. cheers

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets

Last edited by trappedtexan on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 5:57 pm

yeah thats a great idea for a fix, i'll pack everything up and ship it to you this weekend lol!

I am rapidly running out of room in my little walk in cupboard, its about time I invested in some decent cabinets or lots more shelving, to better display everything Very Happy

it will be great to see your display, once you've got it all set up Smile
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Just do what I did Chris claim the house and give the wife a room for her stuff Smile If she sees this I am a dead man lol.

Lots of great pick ups gents some very hard to find pieces.

For me mine was a double bonus I made a great trade with our newest member and friend from Alberta JediDan. I picked up this great jabba set and he got some much needed figures and case for his display. Best part was meeting him in person of course time just flies when two Star Wars geeks get together but it was great.

Here is the little gem I also got a Grey vinyl insert off him that I needed. Sorry for the crappy photo

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Img_0045
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 3:58 am

Congrats on your Jabba playset, Larry! Very Happy

Meeting fellow collectors in real life is one of the most (the most?) rewarding thing in the hobby. So I can imagine you two guys must have had a lot of fun together.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 3:29 pm

oh ya he will be coming back in a few months so we will have fun checking out the flee markets and stuff, it's also great knowing another person who can find things that I need. Part of the trouble living on an Island there is not much in the way of major markets and collectors to get stuff from.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 6:45 pm

Nice pickups everyone!
I have nothing to contribute other than a little :Drool:

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 3:12 pm

A few new additions for me...
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 U5oQr9d

1. Boba Fett + Gun (2/3rd Gen Polish Bootleg) - UPGRADE
2. IG-88 (#II-1b) - Poch variant with red eyes

and the paper trail continues....

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 TNljtlk

1. ROTJ Millennium Falcon Instructions (Kenner) - UPGRADE
2. ESB Tauntaun Instructions (Palitoy) - UPGRADE

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 HNbqhUo

3. Admiral Ackbar Mailer - Finally managed to snag the HTF "Return" version.
4. Desert Sail Skiff Instructions (Canada Kenner) - Another bilingual item to added to my focus.
5. We Really Do Care Leaflet - Another variant this time revision 03 for my collection.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 3cwBKHm

6. Le Retour Du Jedi Mailaway Poster (Meccano/GM) - After 30 years in mint condition the seller decided to ship it squeezed inside a small soft box, so the search for a mint one continues Sad

Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 11:14 pm

I just got these beuts last week I want to thank Chris not only for allowing me to use his address again but for letting me know the Dengar was a tri-logo/PBP figure I didn't even realise that when I went for it I was just going for a few beaters, I also got this real nice large head Han baggie as well.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Img_0047
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Img_0049
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Img_0050
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Img_0052
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Img_0053
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Img_0054
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Img_0056
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Img_0058
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 11:43 am

Nice recent pickups everyone  :clap:

Marco - congrats on the Playmo droids. How's the side focus coming on? Did you see that cool Greedo knockoff in the boot section? alien

Chris - that's a great Glasslite Chewie and other loose additions. Really like the PBP 4-Lom too cheers

Clint - Congrats on the latest trading cards cheers

Alex - nice mini-rig additions and loose figure birthday presents  cheers  Did you weed out any repro weapons in that little lot?  

Stef - what a shame that awesome French poster got a bit mangled - not too damaged? It still looks really nice and you did well to find it  cheers

Larry - well done on the loose figs, the Jabba play-set and the Han baggie  cheers

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 11:53 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:

Stef - what a shame that awesome French poster got a bit mangled - not too damaged? It still looks really nice and you did well to find it  cheers

As always with every set back a new opportunity arises. Fingers crossed another copy 'may' be available to purchase, in which case I'd be looking for a fellow TIG'er to give this one a new home.

Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 3:52 pm

Well just did another great deal with James, I picked up one vintage item and 2 modern well sort off for a whole $5 so I am now the proud owner of  Alex, Marco and David Prowse lol and I have the ebay sales slip to prove it lol
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Alex10
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 4:14 pm

@arohk wrote:
Well just did another great deal with James, I picked up one vintage item and 2 modern well sort off for a whole $5 so I am now the proud owner of  Alex, Marco and David Prowse lol and I have the ebay sales slip to prove it lol

Awesome! David Prowse is posing with Tiggy :clap: Not sure who those two dodgy-looking Royal Guards are next to him :cool laugh:

Great addition Larry cheers

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 4:26 pm

I didn't even notice tiggy there added bonus lol
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 5:05 pm

@arohk wrote:

I am missing something.  :scratch:   Did you buy the picture?  I guess I need to go see James's ebay to understand.

Edit* found it. That's funny. lol!

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 6:54 pm

you may have overspent Larry No

The going rate on a "Used Marco" is about $2.00

A run down "Alex" usually run in the $1.00 range (easy to find in the 99 cent sell bins What a Face )

Prowse is a good find but do to their age the price has dropped over the years to the $1.50

:cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:16 pm

Yes I guess I should have been more clear with my orig post lol I was meaning I bought the guys for $5, but yes James I would say I overspent lol I am thinking of using them for customs though lol
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 5:16 am

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 3cwBKHm

6. Le Retour Du Jedi Mailaway Poster (Meccano/GM) - After 30 years in mint condition the seller decided to ship it squeezed inside a small soft box, so the search for a mint one continues Sad[/quote]

I LOVE THIS POSTER - REALLY BRILLIANT!
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 am

I have been spending really to much money lately :opps:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Dsc_7110
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Dsc_7111
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Dsc_7112
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Dsc_7113
Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Dsc_7211
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 8:51 am

@ourchickenshack wrote:
you may have overspent Larry  No

The going rate on a "Used Marco" is about $2.00

A run down "Alex" usually run in the $1.00 range (easy to find in the 99 cent sell bins What a Face )

Prowse is a good find but do to their age the price has dropped over the years to the $1.50

:cool laugh:

There I was, all set to be clever, and then I read this. Dammit!! LOL

TIGGY is now a celebrity stalker!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 4:14 pm

some very nice pick ups everyone cheers
congrats on picking up that hungarian Boba Fett upgrade and the Poch IG-88 'Dark Red Eyes' variant Stef :clap: :clap:
some great looking new paperwork pieces too, love the Meccano poster.

Glad the bunch of figures and the baggie arrived safely Larry  Very Happy

I really like the loose Dave Prowse figure too Larry, nice pick up, But I'm not sure about those two beaters either side though,
but I suppose your right, they might be good for customizing  :cool laugh:

Alex, some more great pickups, love those clipper/Parker? Cardbacks and the posters. The Biker scout baggie is also very cool :clap: :clap:

A few things arrived for me too  Smile

Poch Rebel Commander with dark boots & PBP Luke X - Wing Pilot

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Poch%20RC%20amp%20PBP%20Luke%20Xwing%20Pilot%20small_zpswq8ewdmg

Orange Hair Luke Bespin
(2nd variant with different, thicker eyebrows and different boot colour to the other one I picked up recently)
No coo R2 Sensorscope (coo #5 on the old guide, with the date stamp at the top centre, between his legs)

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 IMG_9681_zpspmsowozm

No coo, no date stamp Darth Vader. This is a factory production error / short pour limb, figure.
it is not a variant, but a cool piece to have in my focus collection  Smile

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 IMG_96923_zps2p3iqpmc

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 <a href=Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Th_IMG_9684_zpsrshgqnhq" />Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 <a href=Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Th_IMG_9691_zpsyxq1ukct" />Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 <a href=Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Th_IMG_9690_zpsv3fumrda" />

Huge thanks to Stef, Alex, Kenneth and Sergio for these figures cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:20 am

Congrats Alex on your latest additions cheers

Chris those are awesome figures cheers  PBP LXWP looks great. Does he have both helmet insignia present?
The R2 Sensorscope is really nice, too. Congrats.

Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Thanks Paul Smile

Although the paint is in pretty good shape on this figure, unfortunately he has suffered from paint loss to the helmet emblems. This is very common with PBP luke x - Wing Pilots apparently. His limbs are a bit loose, another common trait with this figure, and he has a hairline crack on the front left side of his torso, near the arm. Which can be quite common with all PBP figures. But other than that he is in great shape Smile

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 Detail_zpswjbuw1qk
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 12:54 pm

@chris.75 wrote:
Thanks Paul Smile

Although the paint is in pretty good shape on this figure, unfortunately he has suffered from paint loss to the helmet emblems. This is very common with PBP luke x - Wing Pilots apparently. His limbs are a bit loose, another common trait with this figure, and he has a hairline crack on the front left side of his torso, near the arm. Which can be quite common with all PBP figures. But other than that he is in great shape Smile

Cheers Chris. He's really very good - even to have some remnants of insignia is a thing. Mine just has the teeniest tiniest smudge of red.
Mine also has typical loose limbs, a crack in the neck/shoulder area and a wobbly head Smile

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Its been a while since I've visited and posted here........

Nice pickups everyone!!!!

I can't see the Vader short shot images, just the small thumbnail, but congrats on that! I do want a similar one for Leia Bespin...........

But congrats to all you guys' latest!!! Smile

So it seems like forever, but here is my latest........

Leia Bepsin Lili Ledy ROTJ "El Regreso Del Jedi" 30 Back.... pretty much in great shape aside from the "red beard"!.
Someone decided to give her a beard with red marker and then it looks like someone tried to remove it.
I'll upgrade at some point I hope........

BUT - its still a Ledy! cheers

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 16722470758_8f1ab7e94a_b Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 16287761334_4817997fea_b

anyway............
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10   Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10 - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases Volume 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-