The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:04 am

@aussiejames wrote:
WHAT??? Email notification!!! I just have to get lucky & be logged on at the home computer- no mobile, no technology.  Still beat ya  Razz  probably won't get any more points this season but......

:cool laugh: 

Round 4 complete. Scores on the way!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:09 am

Scores for Round 4

psybertech - 6.5
aussiejames - 3.5

Well played guys.

Leaderboard

psybertech - 14
Section 8 - 7
General Kahn - 6.5
Walkie - 6
Artoo_Detour - 4
aussiejames - 3.5
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:17 am

Shocked 

Glad I had my coffee pumping in my veins!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:19 am

For a quick 2 point bonus, name the toy line & manufacturer.

TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 71758510
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:27 am

Corgi Magic roundabout
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:27 am

Corgi Toys "The Magic Roundabout"
TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 7175872968_57691e5017_n
Corgi Toys "The Magic Roundabout" Train No.851 - 3 of 21 by Kelvin64, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:28 am

@aussiejames wrote:
Corgi Magic roundabout

cheers 

Leaderboard

psybertech - 14
Section 8 - 7
General Kahn - 6.5
Walkie - 6
aussiejames - 5.5
Artoo_Detour - 4
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:31 am

Booooo  Neutral  Another round missed. 1st two rounds were just sheer luck of me logging in at the right time.

Any chance of set time or rough time being set for us who are low tech. (Not that high tech works all the time.  doh  )
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:39 am

@Section 8 wrote:
Booooo  Neutral  Another round missed. 1st two rounds were just sheer luck of me logging in at the right time.

Any chance of set time or rough time being set for us who are low tech. (Not that high tech works all the time.  doh  )

There will be another round tonight between ( 9 & 10 pm GMT)  Wink 

I would like to see more players, so anyone following this is very welcome to join in.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:19 am

ok I put a message here just to have a mail on mext round as i just discorvered the game has started. I was waiting for a mail this week end but didn't came. anyway don't think I would have found lot's of things. geek 
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:40 am

Don't worry Steve, I'm playing, but didn't have many right answers in the last round. :I am stupid:   And I missed the first couple of rounds.

FYI for those of us here in Canada - 9 & 10 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)  Steve is about 4 hours ahead of us here in Ontario Very Happy 
= 6 & 7 pm AST in the eastern provinces
= 5 & 6 pm EST in Ontario
= 3 & 4 pm MST in Alberta
= 2 & 3 pm PST in British Columbia

Last edited by Commander Clint on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:19 am

@General Kahn wrote:
wounded! my email sent me the notification 10 minutes after the fact! Love technology me  No 

Gutted, didn't receive any notification for this round, so missed 2 so far. It kills me looking at new clues each time and guessing them straight anyway in vein Sad

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:29 am

TIP FOR THOSE MISSING NOTIFICATIONS

I am fairly certain the system works as follows:
Whether you subscribe to topic replies manually or post a reply to a thread, you will get a notification if your user settings are correct. So if you get one email, you are good to go.

From there, the system will send an email out to you on the next new reply. However, if you do not click the link to see the new reply, the system will stop sending you emails until it knows you visited again (to mark the backend database as you are active and have read it).

There are exceptions I have seen to this where in something like the games here, if many replies happen to the same topic in a short window of time, the system will send out emails to you for all of them that fit the backend criteria (x messages in y minutes).

HOW TO FIX THIS?

I always try to click the links in the email even if I browse the topics manually.
To try to fix missing messages, go to the topic and in the bottom right hand side, click the link to Stop Watching Topic and then go back and again in the bottom right hand corner, click Watch This Topic for Replies. This resets the backend's mechanism to track your subscribed topics.

You will now get alerts again. However, if you miss clicking the links in emails again, you will stop receiving alerts again.

So... do the stop and start trick every now and then and you should be good to go... so HINT: do it about an hour or so before an announced start time to a game and you should be good.

This happens all the time in the TV and Movie games to me so every now and then I go to those topics and stop and start when I am wanting to play (and I do this in the latest acquisitions, Ledy, POCH, etc, threads that I don't want to miss things on a fairly routine basis to stay current.

Hope that helps!!!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:22 pm

@Commander Clint wrote:
Don't worry Steve, I'm playing, but didn't have many right answers in the last round. :I am stupid:   And I missed the first couple of rounds.

FYI for those of us here in Canada - 9 & 10 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)  Steve is about 4 hours ahead of us here in Ontario Very Happy 
= 6 & 7 pm AST in the eastern provinces
= 5 & 6 pm EST in Ontario
= 3 & 4 pm MST in Alberta
= 2 & 3 pm PST in British Columbia

Cheers Clint.  Very Happy

@Jay, thanks for the tips on getting notifications. I've not had a problem myself, but hopefully those wanting to play can now avoid missing future rounds.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Whoo Hoo  !!

I just got my notification that round one is ready to start  cheers 

Of course I am a bit behind on technology and Steve has to send me written notes via regular old snail mail  Wink 

wait ...

OH SHIT !!!

WTF !!! What do you mean were done with 4 rounds already !?!

Damn That Steve !!!!

"I want to look him straight in the eye and tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, far flushing, snake licking, dirt eating, inbreed, overstuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat assed, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotty lipped, worm headed, sack of monkey shit he is!!! Halleluah!! Holy shit!! Where's the Tylenol??"

- Clark Griswold

lol! 

all joking aside , I have missed the 1st 4 rounds so far because I have either been working in my yard or asleep but it's nobody's fault but my own  Sleep 

how's the old saying go ?

If you snooze you lose  ?

I guess we all will miss a round or 2 here and there  Razz 

Luckily its just a game and were all playing for fun ... right ???

Great job hosting the game so far Steve and even though I have yet to catch a round I am still enjoying watching everyone scramble for points  Very Happy 

congrats to everyone who has scored some points  :clap:
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:53 pm

lol! 

Based on previous performances James, you're a serious contender for the crown. It's only fair that you give everyone else a head start.  Wink

As you say, this game is intended to provide a bit of fun.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 pm

....or a gentlemanly fight!

TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 1af71ada3

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:04 pm

I have just received notification (by a pigeon) that round 4 is about to commence  cheers 

Oh...

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Be fair Paul, the pigeon was flying into a head wind.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:22 pm

I've been away all weekend, so missed the first few rounds. But I have enjoyed catching up and trying to guess the pics  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:26 pm

@chris.75 wrote:
I've been away all weekend, so missed the first few rounds. But I have enjoyed catching up and trying to guess the pics  Very Happy 

There's a round coming up between 9 & 10 tonight Chris, so jump in.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
I have just received notification (by a pigeon) that round 4 is about to commence  cheers 

Oh...

lol! 

TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 Funny-31
TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 Poop-s10
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:

Oh...

****** new notification just in  bounce 

I have just received notification (by a croc) that round 4 is about to commence  cheers

TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 Bvvtyk10

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:39 pm

Round 5

#1. TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 _31_co10

#2. TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 T2ec1614

#3. TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 Origin10

#4. TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 Poppy210

#5. TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 T8atmn10
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:40 pm

# Droids Kenner Kea Moll

TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 Small_kea_moll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)   TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIG Detail Game Season 5 (part 1)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-