The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:37 pm

@General Kahn wrote:
Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Wolff, the links are added now  Very Happy  (Thanks for that Jay  :clap:  )

*edit* Wolff, the links are actually up and running now  Very Happy  (yesterday was a fail)  What a Face 

nedds still be reworked I guess.....not working for me...always Hammerhead...not Fet or anyone else??
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Awesome Patrick, this is what the threads for  :clap: 

Many of the figures missing from the first page are either in the works or waiting on the odd figure  Smile  so the sooner they're are up here the better.

What are you're thought on Ree-Yees? I'm on the fence with him really  :scratch:  There is the three families (HK, Taiwan & No COO) but I struggle to find a single difference in the sculpt, they are all the same! The only difference that I have kind of found is in the texture on his arms and legs, but this is difficult to use because of the whole moulded/painted thing, is the paint covering the detail?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this one folks, heres an example pics (HK, Taiwan, No COO)

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Ree10
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:52 pm

I have noticed the IG-88 problem, especially with the 'mesh' pattern on the shoulder one doesn't have it, yet the No COO member of the same family does have it? Confusing.

I'll have another look at the links Wolff, Damn things  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:10 pm

@General Kahn wrote:
I have noticed the IG-88 problem, especially with the 'mesh' pattern on the shoulder one doesn't have it, yet the No COO member of the same family does have it? Confusing.

hahaahaha...then enjoy: Jawa, Tusken and Leia Bespin!!!!

Just drop me a line if you are ready....LOL
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:12 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
nedds still be reworked I guess.....not working for me...always Hammerhead...not Fet or anyone else??

Just checked the links Wolff, and they are all working? Anyone else having problems?

Wolff while you're here, what is you're opinion on Admiral Ackbar? The HK and Taiwan look identical to me?

I know that the general rule is that all Taiwan COO's are 'original' but the more I look at it, it looks wrong. Th Rebel Commando is the 1 China exception to the rule, could Admiral Ackbar be the one Taiwan exception to the rule?

If you look at it closely, Taiwan really looks like it's stamped onto a slight raised lump, very similar to many of the filled COO's.

I would love to hear you're thoughts on this Wolff.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:15 pm

3rd eye detail?
The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 SDC11800
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:18 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
@General Kahn wrote:

hahaahaha...then enjoy: Jawa, Tusken and Leia Bespin!!!!

Just drop me a line if you are ready....LOL

Wolff you're having way to much fun here! it's like a master and an apprentice here!

When I used to take my Piano exam's I used to have to sit in a room with one other guy who was a Piano grand master and then I would have to play to him absolutely perfectly  What a Face  it was hard work! It's like a flash back  :cool laugh: 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:25 pm

well...it might be changed diretly...(not sure from my mind) but the TW mold on Ackbar is unique as well as the copyrightstamp (left leg).....The Taiwan is the obnly Stamp this "mould" was released with....

If I am wrong regarding your question please let me know. Sounded like I were afraid of it beein the same like Hk and that mould and copyrightleg are the same?? Just Taiwan restamped over HK (After refill)??? That is indeed wrong!

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:26 pm

hahaha on Ree Yees,

I ghave honestly never tried...beacuse its so obvious on the mould-colour differneces....LOL...Well...lets see what Pstrick finds. He is most impressive on those...eagle eye for sure
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:30 pm

AJ,

and there comes the never released COO Guide 2.0...made in 2010 (that was freaking FOUR years ago.....WOW!!
 Shocked )

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 2_1b5_10

EDIT: Of course my COO-family theory came later...thats why the 2text" is simply wrong! But well....

(= main reason it was never published and just landed in the trash...)
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Just to add, how good Alex's work is here...here is my FX-7 dated from 2010. It is simply the same details we have chosen.... Shocked Shocked 

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Fx_74_10
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:37 pm

@General Kahn wrote:

Just checked the links Wolff, and they are all working? Anyone else having problems?

W

Annoying as hell....the correct link pops up...but the pics load and I am totally elsewhere!!!

I noticed this also on Marco's LL thread...not sure if its a firefoy problem though...
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:41 pm

@General Kahn wrote:

Wolff you're having way to much fun here! it's like a master and an apprentice here!

You are your own master now!!! Very Happy

I love your posts/threads Alex...you know that. I am kind of proud (but I think you would have educated yourself as well...so no need for me in this) but well....makes me happy....

I love to see collectors joining us and even teach us older ones after such a short time period!!! Now I can go to retirement....lots of pressure taken from me! Thanks! cheers

I am simply too slow...and too much "needs to be perfect" so leaving all those guides to you and others is totally fine with me...I never would have finished them... :/
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Thanks Wolff, it means alot coming from you  Very Happy 

This thread is a work in progress and discussion, all of this is good, team work!  cheers 

Heads are bad news!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 5:16 pm

FWIW:
Links tested and confirmed in Chrome (v35) & Firefox (22 & 29). Internet Explorer 11.

HOWEVER - there is a bug in IE and Firefox that I have experienced regarding this.
The bug is this....
You click a link that jumps to a bookmark, the browser 'jumps' down to where the spot "currently" is but when the images fully render on screen, that position is no longer valid and the browser does not compensate for the images now displayed and it doesn't adjust the screen position.
You can work around this sometimes by making sure the page is full loaded before clicking on a link. But I don't fully believe it is a page load issue as much as a browser memory issue not displaying images until you scroll to them. Or a combo of the two.

So in a nutshell, the links work as designed. Your individual mileage may vary depending on the browser. Chrome seems to be the best at handling this (a a far superior browser IMHO).

Anyway..........................
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 5:35 pm

This thread will quickly become one of my favourite ones! Keep on the rock solid contributions and discussions, TIG gents!  cheers 

And finally we get to see some details concerning all that fantastic work you did on the COO Guide 2.0, Wolff.  
Thanks for sharing in public here! :clap:  :clap: 

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 5:52 pm

@psybertech wrote:

You click a link that jumps to a bookmark, the browser 'jumps' down to where the spot "currently" is but when the images fully render on screen, that position is no longer valid and the browser does not compensate for the images now displayed and it doesn't adjust the screen position.

Hey Jay,
I experience the exact same annoying issue with the LL or PBP thread. Once I click on a figure link on the first post, the browser brings me to the start of the respective figure entry but then quickly jumps to another position on the same page while loading the images. Afterwards the position is not corrected anymore.
I am sure the links used to work OK before.

I use Chrome (Version 34.0.1847.131 m)

Anyone else has this experience?

I have just started a separate thread to do not derail this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 7:57 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
Just to add, how good Alex's work is here...here is my FX-7 dated from 2010. It is simply the same details we have chosen.... Shocked Shocked 

I picked different details ( I'm a weirdo  geek  )
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4757-the-tig-fotw-thread-fx-7#
Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 7:27 am

@wbobafett wrote:
hahaha on Ree Yees,

I ghave honestly never tried...beacuse its so obvious on the mould-colour differneces....LOL...Well...lets see what Pstrick finds. He is most impressive on those...eagle eye for sure

Thanks for the accolade Wolff!  Embarassed 

And thanks for the kind words on the ERG everyone!

I've had a look on Ree Yees and found a mould-difference on his sides between the TW and HK families. Unfortunately the no COO (LL) family looks the same as HK - or at least very similar. When I have more spare time I will have a closer look. But here is what I found so far:

Ree Yees

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Reeyeesvsilj9f
The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Reeyeescoos96kry

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Rylisbhjhx
The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Rylimarksppjih

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Ryresrcjat
The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Ryremarksmyky3

On both sides II and III have more vertical lines whereas I has less (or some of the lines are nearly invisible).

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Rypegsw4jj0

I and III have similar flashes while II looks completely different.
(Unfortunately I can't see a flash on the soles of my no COO Ree Yees that is family II. So it should have the same flashes as the HK one!?  unsure )

The PEG holes are slightly different on the three families.

Last edited by pattejan on Fri May 09, 2014 7:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:24 am

Wow, well spotted Patrick.  Indeed you do have an eye for detail, as Wolff had foreseen  Smile 

Great pics too by the way  :clap:

Last edited by chris.75 on Sat May 03, 2014 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:24 am

AJ: Hahaha....weirdo you are indeed!!!  Razz  Razz 

Patrick: I knew it...now have a look again at LL.... Very Happy:D;)
Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 10:20 am

Found differences at the feet of Ree Yees. The PEG holes and the flashes look different. I have added the pics and a description to my original post.

As AJ said before sometimes the PEG holes can help identify a mould family. My Gammorean Guards all look very similar and I have found no mould-differences so far. But the PEG holes are completely different between the three families:

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 Gamguardpegsc4kzm
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 11:51 am

Well spotted on the Ree-Yees Patrick, I've got a Ree-Yees sheet pretty much finished so I will add this information to the guide at some point.

Concerning the Gamorrean Guard, is the Macau not an altered H.K. stamp? Making only the two families Hong Kong and H.K.

The two good spotting point for the two on these are the detail on the chest circle, Hong Kong a 'speckled' pattern and H.K. doesn't it is smooth. Also the Hong Kong Gam's have EPM marks on the leg fronts, the H.K. figures don't.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 12:09 pm

...and what's with the LL????  What a Face What a Face What a Face 
Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 12:14 pm

@General Kahn wrote:

Concerning the Gamorrean Guard, is the Macau not an altered H.K. stamp? Making only the two families Hong Kong and H.K.

The two good spotting point for the two on these are the detail on the chest circle, Hong Kong a 'speckled' pattern and H.K. doesn't it is smooth. Also the Hong Kong Gam's have EPM marks on the leg fronts, the H.K. figures don't.

I'm not quite sure about this. But it would explain why they all look so similar  Wink 
Indeed the copyright on Macau and HK looks very similar ...
And to be honest I have only one Hong Kong Gammy so I didn`t want to pay to much attention to the EPM because I had no basis of comparison.
The detail on the chest circle I have jsut not seen  Embarassed 

I agree that these leads could mean that there are just two families ... but why are the positions of the PEG holes not identical on Macau and HK?  unsure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-