The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:15 am

What is the difference in the leg markings between I  & II?   (III is easy the 1 is a straight 'l' & small copyright)
I had a look at Lando Skiff today- could only notice a difference in the soul of the feet  :I am stupid:

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 Atatdriverbackmarkedqjki4
family I  the dot & rectangle in the back square is bigger.

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 Sdc13223
family I top/back of head above the black parts of the tubes there is no groove ( II & III have a clear groove as seen in above picture)

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 Atatdriverrightsidemaqcjkr
just below the grey pipe is a perfect half circle ( II & III are more like half an oval)

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 Sdc13224

Looking from the back at the left shoulder II is different to III.

Last edited by aussiejames on Sat May 17, 2014 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:56 am

The missing picture?
The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 Sdc13222
'L' is higher up the leg into the crease, gap between 9 & 8.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 12:25 pm

hahaha...Patrick is very brave. We looked veeery long at ours not long ago. I was sure that there might be three families and we grouped together to find out more. It was quiet intense research...including buying a few of those!

The sheet is nearly ready....I hope to finish it soon!

My problem on the moldibng differences still is: Some of the significant differnces can actually be swapped on two of the familie3s....which drives me nuts!...and thats why I call Patricks move forward "brave" Wink

Well....I would include the very thin painted (only small or tiny spot) mouthpiece. This is also significant to one of the families Wink....but well...lets only point out actual mold differneces!!!

Kudos

Wolff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 12:27 pm

...the arm thing: Be aware: I am sure the middle one was "cut". It looks like removing the flashing there.....wouldnt include that. Mine do not show that kind of mold...though
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:57 pm

:clap: Great work!

For those of you who are wondering why Patrick referred to the work as we, this is basically a reference to the work of Patrick and Wolff in a joint effort to figure out the COO families for the AT-AT Driver, a fantastic piece of research team work that clocked up many more hours than there is in a single day.

Kudos to you both for your work, very much appreciated  cheers 

Patrick, thanks for the sheets, vcery well presented and explained.

Wolff, I look forward to the AT-AT Driver COO sheet and I really do appreciate the amount of work that I know has gone into it, I also look forward to learning from it as the AT-AT Driver is a total mystery to me  :scratch: 

:clap: 
Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 4:56 pm

AJ, many thanks for the additional distinguishing features and yes that is the missing picture you posted. I do not own a figure with this leg marking so I couldn't post a pic. It's hard to tell what's the difference in the leg markings between I and II. The leg markings on I and II and also the markings on the right legs of III are very similar. Just the markings on the left legs of III are obviously different.

It's just the mold differences that lead me to this classification of the three families. What still irritates me is that the markings on the right legs of II and III seem to be identical. And the markings on the right legs of the No COO version of III seem not to be derived from this families MIHK COO legs! That's why I wrote it's difficult and why I have not posted the right legs yet.  Embarassed 

Sorry Wolff for my "braveness" but I am convinced that my classification on the three families is correct. On all my family II figures there is the same scar on the right forearm. I remember we discussed it but when my new AT-AT Drivers arrived which had the same scar it was clear to me that it's a mold characteristic and not just a removed flash. Are you really sure that your family II figs don't have this scar? I will send you an email on the AT-AT Driver soon.

Alex, thanks for your appreciation and your explanation of my "we". Indeed "we" means Wolff and me. We discussed this figure very intensely a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:46 am

no need to be sorry Patrick.... lol! 

I am just not quiet sure....still. The only thing I know for sure is: It is three families! Two families have same lettering which makes them very diffcult to distinguish. I would say its impossible by only looking at the coo.

This all started because we found (Patrick and I) 6 different LFL legs, which was just too much for one family. So we started to look closer and closer...The fingernail (still awesome deatil IMO) made me check all hands and finding three different thumbs...

Well...I started late yesterda to make the sheet....I havent made some notes so it seems I have to start all over again.....grrrrrr.

Anyway....I will also check for the "mixed" up ones again and also the ones with the removed flashing...which is present on all of Patricks....so it could be the mold and I could be wrong....oh boy....what a figure....deatil game is really laughable comparing to this situation...LOL
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:52 am

...wait a second....could it be four families??? Shocked 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:57 am

1. removed flashing: Present on all my ATATs from that family (4x)....sorry for confusing you all

--> It is indeed from the steelmold (worked over) not removed falshing
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 7:28 am

QUESTION:

Anyone has a HK version from the small copyright family??

I only have one HK version. this one sadly has mixed up front and back torso!!!!  Shocked 
IMO also the HK leg is exactly the same like in another HK family. The question would be:

Do I have a mixed up figure?? (I am pretty sure by now....maybe it came in one of my many spanish lots  Razz )....Do unmixed HK figures exist with small copyright??
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:06 am

@pattejan wrote:
It's just the mold differences that lead me to this classification of the three families. What still irritates me is that the markings on the right legs of II and III seem to be identical. And the markings on the right legs of the No COO version of III seem not to be derived from this families MIHK COO legs! That's why I wrote it's difficult and why I have not posted the right legs yet.  Embarassed 

AHAR...should haveread that more closly....SAME here!!! I also recognized that the HK on III is also present on II.....whereas the no coo shows clearly that the HK markings should look different!

These are IMO mixed up...not sure why!!!???. My HK even has mixed up Torso:
Front Torso:III
Back Torso:II

Left Leg: III
Right Leg: II

unsure unsure unsure 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:08 am

BTW: To the people that think the Coo guide really could come forward faster: I hope you all follow this closely...this is only the mess of ONE figure!!  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:31 am

TIG Gentlemen working very hard to unravel the mysteries behind the vintage AT AT Driver.

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 Waisma10

Keep on the good work, guys! Very Happy

(sorry I can't help, being in a different time zone compared to my collection right now)
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 10:19 am

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/esb/at-at-driver/#a

Wink
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 11:17 am

Bib Fortuna added  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 11:40 am

hahahaha...waaaaaayyyy to easy....

Seriously...coming along very quick and good. As said: Be aware of Iggy and the Bee!! Iggy is possible with 2 heads each which means 6 head variants  Shocked ...and the Bee....well...he has three heads...not sure why!

Anyway....surprise me...make Tusken, Jawa or ...well....I think of something even more mean and evil....LOLOLOLOL

lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 11:49 am

Well after AT-AT Driver I had to hit back with something really awesome, Bib it was  :cool laugh:

At some point I will edit the 2-1B sheet, due to the 3 head, 3 arms thing. Is there any possibility of a 3rd family?

Ig-88 is awkard also as the no COO version has a different sculpt concerning the 'chain mail' style patern near the shoulders. This is why I didn't highlight these areas and tried to stick to the straight forward differences.

Heads are not good here! The double eye IGGy for example, a flaw in the second mould perhaps??

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 Ig-88_10

As for Jawa and Tusken  :scratch:  I still believe that the production process must have been different back then, at least in the form of the first 12, very confusing  unsure 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 12:13 pm

No 2-1B has only two families....not yet sure what exctly happend!

Iggy: I think every family has two headmolds (going with two slightly different Coos). There was a thread on RS not long ago showing 5....IMO it is 6....would make sense, wouldn't it??

LOL
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Tusken: I seriously give up...I have never seen so many mixed up stuff in my life.

Jawa: Should be easy: Three families and three bandoliers.....BUT....they can be mixed up....no solution there either....drives me nuts!

Leia is the best....LOL....the GL Coos seem to be from two different families?!?!?...well...still no sheet...sth is wrong there...

There is much more confusing stuff....

Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Sorry, late to the party ...

Wolff it seems you have disclosed the AT-AT Driver secret. A mixed up figure in III with a MIHK leg from II. Okay, that was the problem ... btw sent you some additional pics for your AT-AT Driver COO sheet Wink 

Alex, great work on Bib!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Great work guys Wink

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Up Dated with:

ESB

Leia - Bespin Gown
Hoth Stormtrooper
Rebel Soldier (updated to match COO Guide)
Bossk
Lando Calrissian
Bespin Guard (White)
Ugnaught (updated to match COO Guide)
Leia - Hoth Outfit
Rebel Commander

ROTJ

Luke - Jedi Knight
Emperor's Royal Guard

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Great updates Alex.  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 5:38 pm

cheers

Great spots on Leia Bespin Alex!!!
To be honest, I always used the left hand for families 2 and 3 and I just know the head for family 1... OK... I kinda just spot them by heads only now. (my crazy head comparisons) Laughing

Nicely done!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:40 am

Great update Alex!  :clap: 

I think I have to hurry if I want to contribute ...  sick 

So ... lacking the free time to examine, photograph and describe more figures lately I have finished at least one ( Embarassed ) more character ...

I hope we have any Nien Nunb fans here on TIG!?  Suspect

Last edited by pattejan on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread   The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mould Family Guide & Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-