The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Orange hair Luke???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

Orange hair Luke??? Empty
PostSubject: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:45 pm

What do you think?

Orange hair Luke??? Fullsc10

Orange hair Luke??? Fullsc11

Orange hair Luke??? Fullsc12
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:51 pm

the hair color seems to fade out on some places wich makes me think this was a light brown hair color , that has changed color over time, not sure tho, could be the pic
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:06 pm

Looks more like one of the lighter brown variants to me.

OJ second from the right.

Here's a few examples

Orange hair Luke??? Picture%201267
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:10 pm

@Lee_m wrote:
That's not an orange Luke - looks more like one of the lighter brown variants.

OJ second from the right.

Here's a few examples

Orange hair Luke??? Picture%201267

Nice Lukes Lee!!)

Lee is right bud The Orange Hair Luke is almost a pumpkin Orange type of colour and is very distinct im sure one of the lads will put a picture up.

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Here is a pic of one that John posted on RS

Orange hair Luke??? Oj_luk10

Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:00 pm

does this orange hair luke exists carded? thanks thinking
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:04 pm

@domr2 wrote:
does this orange hair luke exists carded? thanks thinking

Jay beat me to the punch on posting my Luke! It's a pumpkin orange and I can it is very distinctive. You'll know if you have one.

Domr2 - Yes it does. It was only released on an ESB 41E Back. I've seen a few in pictures (none live) but they are extremely rare.

I'm sure someone will disagree but IMHO this is the rarest Luke Farmboy, including the Double Telescoping saber.
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:11 pm

thanks! i think i know what i will be hunting from now on! lol bigger challenge than the revenge ofers! bounce
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:40 pm

@domr2 wrote:
thanks! i think i know what i will be hunting from now on! lol bigger challenge than the revenge ofers! bounce

You might want to check your Revenge Thread Wink
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:59 am

Orange hair Luke??? Lukes

Heres a pic of my lukes - light brown hair is missing from the line up, but orange hair is 3rd from left
Back to top Go down
Dr. Vintage
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Dr. Vintage

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:11 am

If i can add something to this thread, i think i have an orange hair luke, and i think there are (besides the hair) ways to tell the variant from others.

1, the hair seems to be painted on, rather than sprayed, there seem to usually be air bubbles on the back of the head in the paint work, almost like someone repainted it.

2, The neck is skinny, and almost seems like the head can come right off.

3, The COO line seems consistent across this variant. (see image)

Also i think there is two kinds, Full on orange, and brown/ orange. I have matched mine to a PMS colour chart (please google) so you can see for yourself that it's orange, but sort of a bit of brown too. My orange/ brown is close to PMS 144 where as my lightbrown hair luke is closer to PMS 139. My standrad yellow hair is a PMS 109.

Of course everyone's screen is calabrated differently, and every single time i take a picture of my orange hair luke he's a different colour. Kind of like Ayers Rock, but obviously smaller, more portable, and easier to climb.

I think then the best way is to clearly identify the COO, and agree that there are shades of orange/ brown through to orange in this variant.
Here's my images showing COO, and wobbly neck thing im talking about. see also if you can spot the bubbles in the back of the hair.

I would love an expert to come and add to this thread. As a variant collector, i think i need help with this enigmatic piece!
Please someone, add photos of the COO, and compare the colour to the PMS colour chart, i would be very grateful.

Orange hair Luke??? Photo110

[img]Orange hair Luke??? Photo111[/img]
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 8:49 am

Sorry this is a brief reply but I'm heading out the door. It's not an Orange Luke. That's a light brown , I think seen a lot From the ESB line.

Sorry!

Like ive said in the past, it's a distinctive orange. Pumpkin color is the best way to describe it.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:41 am

@Darthberizing wrote:
Sorry this is a brief reply but I'm heading out the door. It's not an Orange Luke. That's a light brown , I think seen a lot From the ESB line.

Sorry!

Like ive said in the past, it's a distinctive orange. Pumpkin color is the best way to describe it.

i am agree with John, looks like the light brown variant ...
Back to top Go down
Dr. Vintage
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Dr. Vintage

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:59 am

[quote="javiswspain"]
@Darthberizing wrote:

Sorry!

No please don't be sorry, i'm not trying to cost or value it..., just curious on this variant and curious to see if anyone has the same as I.

so after much deliberation, i'm putting up more pics, of my orange/brown hair luke. i'm not heaps hung up on this, or anything. I just think this needs more looking into perhaps as someone PM'ed me it's an Australian one? is there such a thing? I understnd it's not pumpkin orange, but it is not light brown haired either. Is it still rare perhaps?

I have taken a shot with my orange/brown and my light brown together so you can see my dilemma. Can anyone shed more light on this?

[img]Orange hair Luke??? Photo10[/img][img]Orange hair Luke??? Oh_luk10[/img]
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:45 am

i think the orange/brown is a true variant i think we all know this but the point is that it is as comman as the brown hair luke so only worth as much it allso sheres the same hk coo with the dark brown hair luke the light brown hair luke has no coo
the pumpkin orange hair luke is rare and only found on esb moc this is why the high price tag
the luke you have is the comman orange/brown hair luke

cheers jase
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orange hair Luke???   Orange hair Luke??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orange hair Luke???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat