The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 5:25 am

As much as I hate to see Jay reduced to a score of -1, Alex is currently best placed to challenge Stefs commanding lead, so I'll award the points to him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 6:35 am

I'll follow with the tactical moves and deduct 5 points from........Alex, that'll make the challenge for 2nd place more exciting  Razz

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 7:30 am

Oooooohhh!

Big thanks to Marco for being our keeper of the "secret scores", thanks mate  cheers 

Poor Jay getting the booby prize! Bravo Clint for getting the top prize!

Alex, looks like you're hosting the next round (Round 14) tongue   

You can post it anytime this weekend after I've updated all the scores. The sum of points you offer can be between 10 and 14 points.

(If you need more time to prepare let me know and you can do Round 15 and I'll do 14).

a reminder of the current scores...

Leaderboard:

Walkie - 53
Alex - 29
Cantina Patron - 22
Commander Clint - 14
OurChickenShack - 12
Psybertech - 9
Flycasual - 4
AussieJames - 1

Results of Round 13...

AussieJames #1 - You win 4 points
Walkie #2 - Deduct 5 points from a player of your choice
CommanderClint #3 - You win 10 points
Psybertech #4 - You lose 10 points
General Kahn #5 - You host the next round !! (to be arranged by the Quizmaster)
OurChickenShack #6 - You win 6 points
CantinaPatron #7 - Award 6 points to a player of your choice
FlyCasual #8 - You miss the next round

New scores:

Leaderboard (after Round 13):

Walkie - 53
General Kahn - (host next round) - minus 5 points - awarded 6 points - 30
Commander Clint - 24
Cantina Patron - 22
OurChickenShack - 18
AussieJames - 5
Flycasual - 4 (Miss next round)
Psybertech - deducted 10 points - minus 1

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 8:33 am

Shocked 

Well, I'll study for the next edition. Good luck fellas.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 8:39 am

You're not going to stop playing are you Jay?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 8:51 am

Jay!!! You, Greg & I are 'fighting' for the boobie prize:  cheers 
TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 Bouncing-boobs-gif-4
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 8:54 am

Now THAT'S a boobie prize.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 9:32 am

That is a fantastic boobie prize. What a Face   Can I trade? Cool 

Yaaaaaaahhh to me, 10 points. cheers 

Jason, I hope you stay in the game and then you can play the role of spoiler.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 2:31 pm

Nah.... It's cool..... no need for me to worry any more.
Based on the times of day most rounds were started, I'm doubtful I'd have many chances to play anyway, so I'l step aside and see if anyone can catch up to Stef.  Is that possible? Suspect lol!

I'll just watch from the sidelines and cheer on everyone.... well, everyone except Stef!  tongue
Just kidding of course, Stef.  Stormie Smiley 

Good luck fellas.  cheers 

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Jay anything is possible, I just got lucky with a few round notifications nothing now. As for life at the top of the leaderboard it tough, everybody after a pound of flesh Sad

I'm amazed I escaped any punishment in that last round !!!

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 2:48 pm

@walkie wrote:
Jay anything is possible, I just got lucky with a few round notifications nothing now.

Shocked Shocked Shocked 

Down 54 points! OK! I don't believe in miracles! The last one I know of was in 1980 when team USA beat the Russians... but USA was only down by 1! Razz

Its cool man... it's just not as fun this go around missing most of the rounds because of time of day and work and sleep and such. A tad bit of an advantage on the other side of the pond for start times, but again, its cool. That's the way the cookie crumbles. haha  :cool laugh: 

I'll get you next time!  Angry SW  Angry SW Angry SW 

cheers and good luck!
Very Happy
Jay
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:30 pm

Maybe we need a 'winter' edition hosted in the states Wink

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 4:01 pm

I too had abandoned this game, which kind of makes Steve & Stef's point add/deductions a little pointless as I was never gonna be a a threat to Stef  :cool laugh:  Jokes on you guys!

TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 Demoti10

Seems I'm still in for at least one more round as guest quiz master  Twisted Evil 

The round will be hosted tomorrow night (Sunday 27th) at exactly 10pm GMT, not a minute before, not a minute after, 10 on the dot!
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 4:04 pm

TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 Toweli10
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 4:28 pm

TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 Dropping+like+flies

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 3:31 am

Shame to see players throwing the towels again. Never mind.

@walkie wrote:
Maybe we need a 'winter' edition hosted in the states Wink

Yes! It's already planned that there will be a winter edition hosted from the states this year that will try and catch more of our friends from different time zones  cheers 

As anyone else who has hosted a Detail game will attest, being a quizmaster can be very frustrating trying to please everyone in different time zones. You can't win!   tongue 

Having them hosted from UK, Central European and soon US time zones will help address that.

I've tried to catch the (UK time) 10 PM guys but end up staying up myself till after midnight (I'm not in UK timezone). I don't mind this some nights but don't wish to do that every night.

I've also posted at other times too, but mostly it's Stef online all the while and he has caught the rounds. This is not a slight at you Stef, being online frequently is one way to win. Fair play.

Anyway, I hope the remaining players continue to enjoy the game.

Smile

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 4:32 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Shame to see players throwing the towels again. Never mind.

We've both said it before, but I'll say it again: "The intention of this game is to provide some fun entertainment".  Don't take it so seriously people.  Very Happy
Perhaps in future we should not offer a prize? As I don't recall people publically throwing in the towel with the movie scene or tv show games.

Artoo_Detour wrote:

As anyone else who has hosted a Detail game will attest, being a quizmaster can be very frustrating trying to please everyone in different time zones. You can't win!   tongue

:cool laugh: Definitely! We do try our best though.  Very Happy

Any way... back to the game.

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 5:26 am

First and fore most, Paul has done a grand job of hosting the game so far, not entirely sure about the wierd lottery thing  Razz 

As players will know, it does actually get quite stressful, I don't follow football, but when I watch my friends watch matches, I'm suprised some of them don't have heart attacks sometimes, stressing over the game.

The game should be fun and it is, but having no idea when the rounds are and most of them falling when I'm either at work or a sleep means I actually can't really play which kind of made it not really fun by default but was naturally draining me so I simply opted not to play, that way I can still enjoy the game without the stress.

Prizes are irrelevant to me, as you may remember from my first game Steve, as for people quiiting on the movie game? Suprised I haven't made the leaderboard yet  :cool laugh:  but that's another story tongue 

Round 14 tonight, 10 o'clock SHARP!

It's a penatly round where wrong answers will be punished with a 53 point deduction  :cool laugh: 
Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 5:31 am

It's maybe a little late and it will be hard to beat Stef ... but now I'm back from my holidays!!!  Cool Cool Cool 

.... yes, I know ... a bit big-mouthed ... and probably I will end up with 0 points or even less ... but who knows ...  :cool laugh: :cool laugh: :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 5:40 am

Firstly anyone who steps up to be the QM deserves a medal. I know I've moaned in previous games but that was only ever meant to be aimed at the 'notification system' and not any individual.

During this game notifications are coming through on time so I've had no need to camp out on TIG  Sleep Its also handy having an iphone so I get plenty of warning when a notification comes through and I can run to the nearest PC. I've even had 2 occasions where I've woke up at my usual 7am, logged in and found fresh rounds, in one case it was 1hr old and no one else had spotted it.  Shocked 

It can be frustrating missing all the fun , I've been there and thrown the towel in before and then come back to play later rounds as it's so addictive!!

I don't have all the answers, but hosting stateside should help our US players. Maybe we could openly discussion ideas to improve future detail games once this one has finished?

Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:24 am

Hey Paul, you have done a fantastic job again.:clap:   The 10 pm (UK time) has been working great.  It's just 5 pm here in Ontario, so I'm just finishing work and can devote time to play for a while.   Now, I'm also a bit lucky that I work mostly from my home office, so I'm online most of the day as well.
It's hard to play a game around the world.  I think for AJ it's 5 am, James it's 3 pm, Larry (arohk) it's 2 pm.

Maybe, try having a few rounds on saturday or sunday when everyone has a little bit more time to play.  Or having 2 quiz masters run the same game.  One on each side of the atlantic??thinking   That would take some of the pressure off the quiz master.  Just spit balling some idea's.Very Happy 

I bet Jason will still play, he's an addict, just like the rest of us. lol!   Maybe offer him some more of those boobie prizes that AJ was showing. lol!
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 1:36 pm

There has already been a discussion in the Mods section about a Winter Edition TIG Detail Game - hosted by me  Twisted Evil 

Unfortunately the drama and complaining in all the other detail games (including this one) has seriously made me wonder if it is worth the effort  :scratch: 

While I understand that sometimes the competitive nature of the game can get the best of folks , I guess I just don't get it . I have always played the game for fun because I know that there is not a snowballs chance in hell that I will ever win . I have to be one of the worlds slowest 2 finger typists - a retarded monkey would be much faster then me  Embarassed 

I don't have a fancy phone either so there are no "notifications" for me - I still have a "Razor" phone and even had the text option turned off so jackasses would quit sending me text messages that I refuse to reply to . Go ahead and point and laugh at the technologically challenged chicken  Razz 

The time difference can be a problem for everyone , depending on where the game is being hosted from , but the hosts live where they live and I certainly don't expect Paul or Steve to accommodate my needs . The hosts already put a lot of there own personal time and effort into the game and to ask more is pretty selfish (not to mention they provide a prize with money out of there own pocket) .

I know if I hosted a game and the players started dropping out/throwing in their towels I would be very disappointed that I put so much effort in just to have people give up  Mad 

To sum it up , this game is for fun and shouldn't be about winning (or whining) - play when you can and try to steal as many points as possible . If you don't like the rules , time zones or whatever then host your own version of the game - put your time , effort and money into it and you can make your own rules , host whenever you want and provide a prize too .

Trust me - if I do decide to do a winter edition it will be my rules and my way - any complaints will be met with a  up yours 

Paul and Steve should be thanked and honored for their efforts , not frustrated or made to feel like shit for trying to do something to create a little fun here at TIG - THE HOME OF GENTLEMEN .

TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 Mlp_my10
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Sorry if have offended any one, I do truly appeciate the massive effort that is involved as well as the generosity of the quiz masters through the prizes they give.

I will play till the end, I just don't think I'll catch many rounds, busy time of year at work for me. Damned if I'm letting Stef win 2 prizes!

James, I look forward to you're winter edition  Smile 

@ourchickenshack wrote:
a retarded monkey would be much faster then me

You should probably start typing now  :cool laugh: 
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:48 pm

@ourchickenshack wrote:
I have to be one of the worlds slowest 2 finger typists

You use TWO fingers James! Damn... I struggle with one (and you think I'm joking).
I've never used / relied on notifications either. If I'm online when a round starts then great. If not, no worries.  Very Happy 

Don't be put off hosting a game James, it can be lots of fun.  Twisted Evil 

BTW I'm looking forward to your round Alex! I recon it will be a blast.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Shocked 

Sorry, but I seem to have derailed this and caused some controversy?
That was definitely not my intent. I do appreciate the HARD work and effort to put these games on. I really, really do!  cheers 
I've only had a go at a couple and I do love them. I was lucky the last round keeping pace and it was very stressful, addictive and fun. Smile

This round was different. Sorry if that comes out wrong or sounding like I am being a dick. Just saying it is a different round with different circumstances (for ME) all around.

I wasn't implying unfairness. I wasn't bitching or complaining. I was just stating the times during working or sleeping hours (for ME) caused me to miss or be very late to most of the rounds and simply put me well outside any chance to be competitive. I am sorry if I shouldn't have said that. It was just a fact, not an accusation or whatever.
It is no big deal. It is just a game. It is what it is. It's just a game. I opted in and then I opted out. I don't see the harm backing out whether publicly or privately.  Rolling Eyes 

The last round I was decent in and around for most of the rounds. I was competitive and had a ton of fun. But this round didn't go that way. NO BIG DEAL! Sorry. All is fine. Move along. Nothing to see here.  Stormie Smiley 

Come on guys... please don't read into it. The times didn't favor ME. So what? No ill will was intended. This isn't the "Detail game, catering to psybertech". I am just bowing out of a game openly since I have no chance at this point and never did. That's all. Sorry if that some how seems back handed, misunderstood or whatever.   Neutral 

I'd personally (obviously) rather let folks know they may be able to take an extra breath of air answering knowing one player is out. Hell, I would have loved to have been privied to Alex's schedule last round and know that I could skip my blood pressure medicine pills or had time for a refill of my beer for an afternoon since he was not available.... that would have been fantastic!!!!

Finishing with a negative 1 is funny as hell to me!  :cool laugh: 
I'd rather keep that as is. I think its funny for posterity! tongue

I hope to be a contender the next edition. I plan on it. I'll be studying to win it.  study  I want the crown!  king ... just not possible this round. Sorry if I offended, upset, pissed off, confused........ whatever. Sorry if my 'in it to win it' attitude came across in bad taste, poorly delivered or whatever.  Neutral 

But overall, I am a little flummoxed by some of the responses though.   unsure 
Sorry James. Sorry Steve. Sorry everyone.
I apologize. I hope you all accept.

Anyway.....................

That's all. Bitching was not my intent (not by a long shot) and if it seemed that way, it was an accident. No
TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 Shitstorm-Ah-Choo_o_92724

Take it easy.
Jay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***   TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!*** - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIG DETAIL GAME 2014 SUMMER EDITION! ***Stef is the winner!***

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-