The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Ever wondered what $3 million looks like.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

Ever wondered what $3 million looks like. Empty
PostSubject: Ever wondered what $3 million looks like.   Ever wondered what $3 million looks like. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 3:16 am

1938 Action Comics #1
Superman's debut, just sold for $3,207,852 US
WOW,, that's lots of numbers.
Collector or investment, what do you think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311050328393?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Ever wondered what $3 million looks like.   Ever wondered what $3 million looks like. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 5:17 am

That's simply amazing! I'd be terrified to invest that much in such a fragile thing, I appreciate the rarity though. Put's it very much on par with fine art collecting.

Puts star wars collecting into perspective. Seems almost permissible in comparison to spend 20K on a graded carded DT Luke that was on offer recently ...
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Ever wondered what $3 million looks like.   Ever wondered what $3 million looks like. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 5:37 am

That's a good point Jared.
Would a SW DT MOC be rarer than this comic ?
Don't quote me on this, but there is something like 30 ?, 40 ? of this comic in existence.
Although this is a very high grade for a vintage comic.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Ever wondered what $3 million looks like.   Ever wondered what $3 million looks like. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 5:42 am

I'll choose the car:
Ever wondered what $3 million looks like. 05-hermesveyron-rb
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Ever wondered what $3 million looks like.   Ever wondered what $3 million looks like. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 5:47 am

lol!
The buyer will be picking it up in that car??
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Ever wondered what $3 million looks like.   Ever wondered what $3 million looks like. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 7:29 am

The comic listing says there is somewhere between 50-100 of that comic still kicking around. The listing for the DT Luke MOC had a population report from AFA. Can't remember exactly, but the number was around 20-30 for that. Who knows for sure ...

Certainly other priorities in life for me before I mix it with those high-rollers!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Ever wondered what $3 million looks like.   Ever wondered what $3 million looks like. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 9:43 pm

Yup had that on til the dog ate it now she is the new rug in the hallway lol. I just would be so afraid to own something worth so much unless I had it insured to the max and in a secured safety deposit box in a bank Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Ever wondered what $3 million looks like.   Ever wondered what $3 million looks like. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 4:23 am

Its the 90 grade that makes this so valuable I am guessing, but I do not get it: Not long ago they found out that a lot of the high grades are faked! They are tempeted with, not all, but some.....

The link was provided as the TT scandal took place.....and I wonderd after reading the comic scam how you ever can buy again a graded example, or an example you do not have in your own hands.... ?????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever wondered what $3 million looks like.   Ever wondered what $3 million looks like. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever wondered what $3 million looks like.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-