The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Ebay shipping help anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

Ebay shipping help anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Ebay shipping help anyone?   Ebay shipping help anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 8:21 am

I bought some cardback and a record from a guy in the US who uses the GSP on ebay (as a Canadian i try to avoid sellers who use it, i think its a scam).
My problem isnt the $9 the GSP says is import charges. I have accepted that loss.

He claims not to be able to change the price of shipping and cant combine the shipping costs. Usually a seller will send me a an invoice with a reduced shipping costs. So for each cardback i am being charged $8 each and $5 for a 12inch record (which makes no sense to me either).
So I am supposed to pay $44 for shipping in the end + the $9 for GSP. Any seller would put each item in one package and it should be cheaper to send.
Does anyone who sells on ebay know how to resend the total? or maybe reduce the shipping costs?
Is it really up to ebay to determine the shipping costs? How do they know the weight and size ect?
I got a sweet deal on some cards i "need" and dont want to cancel the auction.
The seller seems helpful and as confused as i am.
I buy cardbacks from the US all the time and its not this much to send to Canada.
Any help?
Any ideas?

and i hate the GSP.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Ebay shipping help anyone?   Ebay shipping help anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 8:46 am

wish I was in the us I'd help in a flash. hold tight though we have plenty of helpful guys on the boards stateside to help.

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Ebay shipping help anyone?   Ebay shipping help anyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Sorry I'm late, but glad to help! Have him ship to me, and I can ship to you

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Ebay shipping help anyone?   Ebay shipping help anyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 4:12 pm

that the easiest have it sent to DarthBerizing it's what I do when I run into issues with shipping. Same as if they don't do shipping outside of the Country I will use friends who live there it works and is cheaper.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Ebay shipping help anyone?   Ebay shipping help anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:39 am

Ebay shipping help anyone? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd6GTVmhcc9U6ICzcsCpCO5vvRgrCB65TwGaL8f_se_5Gesmon
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Ebay shipping help anyone?   Ebay shipping help anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:36 am

Guys I don't think the problem is where to ship the package. Am I reading it wrong? I thought the problem is the seller says he can't change the total to combine the shipping costs.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

PostSubject: Re: Ebay shipping help anyone?   Ebay shipping help anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:56 am

First off, thanks for all the help.
DB, i will take you up on this shipping to you sometime in the future.
I talked this guy into going outside ebay. So as long as i get what i paid for, this should all work out.

The problem was more that because he is using the Global Shipping Program Ebay set all the prices for shipping and import charges and this guy couldnt figure out how to change it. He had never sold multiple items to Canada before. I was sure there was/is a way to do it.

I may want to start a bigger discussion if any US sellers want to talk about this GSP and the way Pitney Bowes is stealling money from non US buyers. If anyone wants to talk about it.

Always grateful for the support from this community, thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Ebay shipping help anyone?   Ebay shipping help anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 8:02 am

I have also had this issue. A seller claiming that there is no way he can alter the shipping and that out of $20 he only gets $3 and shitbay gets the rest.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Ebay shipping help anyone?   Ebay shipping help anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 8:47 am

Anytime Lee

As for the GSP in general, I think that there is a market for it but maybe collectables isn't the sweet spot. I think people who want to tell a ton of low cost goods maybe that would work better.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Ebay shipping help anyone?   Ebay shipping help anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 10:23 am

I'd have thought you could go to send new invoice, and either alter the postage costs or add + or - a specific amount.

Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Ebay shipping help anyone?   Ebay shipping help anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 10:19 pm

I was meaning with the GSP sending it to a person in the Country that the item is in its the easiest solution that is how I got around the issue in the past as I had the same problem before the seller couldn't figure out how to resend an updated invoice with combined shipping I just sent it to James instead. It was cheaper in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay shipping help anyone?   Ebay shipping help anyone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebay shipping help anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-