The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 Empty
PostSubject: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 9:48 am

I came across this Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 figure while looking for an extra figure for another local collector.  The one with the cape is COO #1, just for comparison
The COO #1 has purple plastic in the peg holes, so the legs are purple plastic legs with black painted boots.
The COO #2 has the legs molded in the same colour plastic as the torso.  It looks like gray plastic in the peg holes as well.
Did all the COO #2 variants have painted legs? Or is this just a case of the factory error?  Or has the paint come off?

I don't have another COO #2 to compare it too, So any thoughts and options would be appreciated. Very Happy

Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 Img_2913Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 Img_2914Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 Img_2915Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 Img_2916
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 5:29 am

Hi Clint,

My Kenner (and Ledy) COO#2 figures seem to have painted boots as well.
On some small spots you see the grey plastic underneath the black paint.

Leia Combat Poncho COO#2: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right).
Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 IMG_5490

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 6:03 am

@Commander Clint wrote:

Did all the COO #2 variants have painted legs? Or is this just a case of the factory error?  Or has the paint come off?

to save some confusion- you mean painted boots?   Both #1 & #2 are legs moulded in tan/purple plastic with boots painted black.

You can see the two different 'moulds' here and corresponding leg colours:
Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 Sdc12610

Here's a mixed up one:
Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 Sdc13320
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 6:08 am

I've just checked my Kenner coo #2 Clint & the legs are moulded in 'purple' plastic.

Hopefully others will chime in. If there are a few like yours in members collections, I guess another possibility is whether it was an early produced figure like the white legs Han Solo.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 9:16 am

@cantina_patron wrote:
I guess another possibility is whether it was an early produced figure like the white legs Han Solo.

@aussiejames wrote:
to save some confusion- you mean painted boots? Both #1 & #2 are legs moulded in tan/purple plastic with boots painted black.

Sorry for the confusion guys. It is the leg plastic that I'm wondering about. It just seemed odd that the legs would be molded in tan plastic and not the purple plastic of the COO #1 figures. It also seemed odd that the legs where not painted purple to match crotch area. I will have to find my Ledy and check the peg holes to see if the legs were molded in tan or purple plastic.

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 11:04 am

I've just checked my Ledy example Clint & it also has the legs moulded in 'purple' plastic. The fact the plastic in the peg holes on your example is also the same colour as the torso (same material as used for the arms) I think you can rule out discolouration.
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 3:35 am

Just wondered why you are checking peg holes when the legs aren't painted, they are molded.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 10:16 am

@olisuds wrote:
Just wondered why you are checking peg holes when the legs aren't painted, they are molded.

It was something new to me. I never new they also come with painted legs. What a Face I just always assumed that the legs were molded in purple plastic. Of all the extra figures that I have, this is the only COO #2 (other than my Ledy). I will have to dig her out of storage and see if she has molded purple plastic legs or painted legs.

I guess that old adage applies here. Never assume anything. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 10:25 am

As far as I was aware ALL Leia Poncho figures have molded purple/tan legs. The only bit painted is the black boots right?.

Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 11:32 am

@olisuds wrote:
As far as I was aware ALL Leia Poncho figures have molded purple/tan legs. The only bit painted is the black boots right?.

I agree.  Maybe I'm making a wrong assumption that the molded tan legs were painted purple to match the painted purple crotch area. Like the white plastic painted black leg Han figures.

This is the first figure that I came across with tan legs.  And it just happened to be a COO #2.  It just looked odd.

As you can see from the pictures, all the extras that I have are COO #1 with purple legs.  Even my Ledy (far left) has purple legs, even though they are starting to discolor a bit.

As AJ said

@aussiejames wrote:
Both #1 & #2 are legs moulded in tan/purple plastic with boots painted black. & Here's a mixed up one

Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 Img_2927Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 Img_2928
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 11:54 am

LOL OK I'm confused now :-)

What are we agreeing on? The legs were not painted. Just the boots right?

So whats the question? LOL

I've never seen one with painted legs. Although I'll be honest I'm not the most observant. Wolff will vouch for that - I only recently realised that Warok has a painted belt :-)
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 12:04 pm

@olisuds wrote:
LOL OK I'm confused now :-)

What are we agreeing on? The legs were not painted. Just the boots right?

So whats the question? LOL

I've never seen one with painted legs. Although I'll be honest I'm not the most observant. Wolff will vouch for that - I only recently realised that Warok has a painted belt :-)

lol!   I was agreeing that the legs came with both purple/ tan legs.

Maybe my questions is

Do the tan plastic legs come painted purple?  Like the same situation as the white plastic painted black leg Han figures?

I've never seen one with painted purple legs either.  But I've also never seen one with tan legs until now either.

I went and check his site and she isn't on his list.
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/kenner-variants/mold-color-variants/

Maybe she is more like the limb mix up Klaatu?
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 12:09 pm

Nope I am fairly sure they only come molded in either grey or purple and are never painted. Apart from the boots.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2   Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Leia Combat Poncho COO #2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-