Hi, I recently purchased a VC Jawa Toltoys and am concerned about the authenticity of the cape.
- the seller said they purchased it from a Collectable Toy store in Australia 16 years ago.
- And he believes the cape is the real deal with cross hatching.
Please see attachments
My concerns are...
- the cape is longer than normal.
- I already own a authentic Ben Kenobi and it does have the cross hatch. One side of Ben's cape is different to the other, other side being smooth.
- Reading the links below, the Jawa vinyl cape doesn't have the distinctive cross hatch pattern. The inside of the cape where the cross hatch should be is more of a horizontal pattern going from left, to right although does sound like it should.
- If I run my finger nail along the outside, it's smooth,
- If I run my finger nail along the inside, it has a different texture than the back and different again to the cross hatch on the Ben cape I own. The noise is comparable to the cross hatch authentic sound.
- per the links below about the Cape Texture, mine doesn't match.
I note, that the Toltoys Australian version cape is normally darker than the Kenner VC.
But, I've not been able to find a definitive answer on the cross hatching for my toltoys jawa VC. is the cross hatching the same as the Kenner USA VC Jawa?
The toltoys Jawa figure and weapon are authentic. The COO stamp on the rear left leg is correct.
From the photos, is the cape I own, real or re-production ?
thanks for your time.
Photos: unable to as I'm a new member, pls advise, how I can do this? thanks. I already have them on imgur