The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

another U-Grade question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

another U-Grade question Empty
PostSubject: another U-Grade question   another U-Grade question I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Sorry guys but I hate asking questions that sound stupid, I am curious of this I am totally agains U-Grades but over the years I have seen cut cards just the bubble and the card behind said bubble now humor me would sending in that and having it U-Graded be a major taboo as you only really have a figure in a protective bubble. I have no star wars ones but here is my BSG ones. The first is a carded fig
another U-Grade question DSC00044_zpsee73958c

And cut cards
another U-Grade question BSGfigs_zps135e9726

Of course I would keep them like this as they are cool but what would the verdict be on something like this if a person wanted to U-Grade them.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: another U-Grade question   another U-Grade question I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 4:40 pm

I bought the ewoks line and several of them are like that with just the card behind the bubble. I never opened them and don't intend to. I eventually plan on trying to trade them for equally loose counterparts as I am sure someone may enjoy them sealed away. That said I have no qualms against someone who wants to u grade something in that condition. The first figure you show though still has a good deal of cardback and though in lower condition this I would for sure be against u grading. Basically if there is enough card left someone might enjoy seeing the art, pics, etc. then I wouldn't u grade. If all that is left is the bubble, unless it is an extremely rare card type or something (saw a ledy figure in bubble like this one time) then what good is the card and bubble doing at that point?

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: another U-Grade question   another U-Grade question I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 3:01 pm

I think the conventional wisdom is even a cut-card shouldn't be opened. Honestly I kind of agree. If something has remained sealed this long, it's a shame to open it up. I'd personally leave anything in the state I found it.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: another U-Grade question   another U-Grade question I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 8:59 pm

that's pretty much what I was thinking was just wondering what others thoughts on cut cards were thanks guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another U-Grade question   another U-Grade question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another U-Grade question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-