The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum
 
HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Modern limelight place

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

Posts : 135
Join date : 2012-07-06

Modern limelight place Empty
PostSubject: Modern limelight place   Modern limelight place I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:19 pm

So I know most of the people on here only collect vintage. But I also know there are a few that also have some modern stuff. Honestly I like hanging out here better than the other forums. What I was wondering is if we could have a location to limelight the modern stuff? Or could it just be done in the vintage section?

Maybe a section to limelight any non vintage stuff instead i.e Gentle Giant, props, whatever else? Since I don't know how many there are that have the modern stuff.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
Moderator
Moderator
trappedtexan

Posts : 4772
Join date : 2012-12-01
Location : USA, Texas

Modern limelight place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern limelight place   Modern limelight place I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:54 pm

I think just make one in the vintage limelight section. We don't really have a modern collecting area, but some of your stuff is vintage or you probably wouldn't be here.

I think a limelight thread is basically to see your display overall, not just what vintage pieces you have. We all love Star Wars or we wouldn't be here, so no one is going to hang you if you have more modern than vintage.

_________________________________________________
Bryan

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

Posts : 135
Join date : 2012-07-06

Modern limelight place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern limelight place   Modern limelight place I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:56 pm

@trappedtexan wrote:
I think just make one in the vintage limelight section.  We don't really have a modern collecting area, but some of your stuff is vintage or you probably wouldn't be here.  

I think a limelight thread is basically to see your display overall, not just what vintage pieces you have.  We all love Star Wars or we wouldn't be here, so no one is going to hang you if you have more modern than vintage.

That works. I will just put the pictures in my limelight thread then.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

Posts : 1769
Join date : 2015-09-29
Age : 31
Location : New Jersey, USA

Modern limelight place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern limelight place   Modern limelight place I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 2:28 am

Hang em!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Posts : 9074
Join date : 2010-03-13

Modern limelight place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern limelight place   Modern limelight place I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 5:11 am

Not a limelight thread as such, but this is a good thread for showing your latest modern purchases: https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6671-modern-star-wars-purchases?highlight=Your+latest+modern+purchases

_________________________________________________
Paul F,

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

Posts : 135
Join date : 2012-07-06

Modern limelight place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern limelight place   Modern limelight place I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 12:23 pm

@darthmatt22 wrote:
Hang em!

:run2:
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
Moderator
Moderator
trappedtexan

Posts : 4772
Join date : 2012-12-01
Location : USA, Texas

Modern limelight place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern limelight place   Modern limelight place I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 9:21 pm

@trappedtexan wrote:
no one is going to hang you if you have more modern than vintage.

I saw a Jar-Jar in there. poo I may have misspoken about the hanging part. lol! Just kidding man. Saw a lot of different clone troops in there, didn't even know that many existed.

_________________________________________________
Bryan

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

Posts : 135
Join date : 2012-07-06

Modern limelight place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern limelight place   Modern limelight place I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 9:44 pm

@trappedtexan wrote:
@trappedtexan wrote:
no one is going to hang you if you have more modern than vintage.

I saw a Jar-Jar in there. poo   I may have misspoken about the hanging part. lol!  Just kidding man.  Saw a lot of different clone troops in there, didn't even know that many existed.

Besides the POTF2 figures that Jar Jar is probably the most played with figure. I didn't realize there were that many until I decided to build an army of them. The variety along with the different vehicle options is why I chose to build a clone army over that of stormtroopers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Modern limelight place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern limelight place   Modern limelight place I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 

Modern limelight place

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Off Topic
-