The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
sear
New User
New User

Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: great info realy good to have someone do this for other sw fans/collector's   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:49 am

hi the page's of info here will be of great help to me after starting to collect again after some years. thanks for spending your time putting this beginner's info together. it is nice to see not all pepole wont to rip you of on ebay but spend there free time spreading there love and knolage of star wars to help pepole like me thank you again martin celebrate
celebrate
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:45 pm

posted this question elswhere today on tig , but i guess i might find an answer here sooner,

hard torso's what are they , who are they , what do they look like, how to spot one next to a useall torso

wher do they come from , and is it contages , what's the difference in price , are they more rare , or does it depends where you live

also what fig has hard torso's or does every chracter have a hard and soft torso

pic's would great

thanks in advance jimmymindtricks
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:22 am

@jimmymindtricks wrote:
posted this question elswhere today on tig , but i guess i might find an answer here sooner,

hard torso's what are they , who are they , what do they look like, how to spot one next to a useall torso

wher do they come from , and is it contages , what's the difference in price , are they more rare , or does it depends where you live

also what fig has hard torso's or does every chracter have a hard and soft torso

pic's would great

thanks in advance jimmymindtricks

to many questions at once mate!!! Laughing

Hards torso is called so, because the material is different to other use materials. All hard torsos are sharper deatiled. The white hard tosros figures normally look like painted white.
Hard torsos were produced in the later production. Lots of firms produced hard torso figures:
1. LILI LEDY
2. PBP

and lots of TRILOGO and PALITOY figures as well.

I think the europeans used this material, because it doesnt yellow so easy as the normal material...but thats just a theorie. Ledy seemed to use a different chemical material...they seem to yellow more easy.....though.

The Hardtorso figures smell more vinatge...if you know what I mean.

(and BTW: there is also hard limbs figures as well.....these normally go with hard torso figs.....but not every hard torso figures has hard limbs Wink )

hope this helps.

WOlff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 am

BTW: I have a hard torso r2 sensorscope for sale......

I think there you can see very well what a hard torso looks like:

Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 Img_5411
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Wolff this Hard torso pic of the R2d2 help'd clear thing's up for me.

Thank's for the info Bro.

Dan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:16 pm

thanks wolff bro , that helped a bit i guess i will have to check my stormies again , lol

you would be able to post two stormies together in a pic aswell
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:08 pm

Hi Guys,

Whilst trying to repair my bi-logo Y wing box,i noticed that it has a black sticker that says Made in Mexico/Fabrique au Mexique on the side!

Does this have anything to do with Lili Ledy? :scratch:

Cheers,

Mark.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Let's see the box.And the sticker.

Dan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:22 pm

@DarthStanley wrote:
Hi Guys,

Whilst trying to repair my bi-logo Y wing box,i noticed that it has a black sticker that says Made in Mexico/Fabrique au Mexique on the side!

Does this have anything to do with Lili Ledy? :scratch:

Cheers,

Mark.

Hey Mark! Did anyone PM an answer to your question mate? I was going through my boxed stuff back home a couple of weeks back and I noticed my Tri-logo boxed rancor has a similar sticker. I forgot all about it until reading your post just now.
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:44 am

Hi Craig,

No i never got an answer mate,i'm gonna post a photo of my box when my camera decides to work again! Rolling Eyes

I'm sure i read somewhere that figures that have made in mexico on them but don't have the LL logo on the cardback are classed as LL as well? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:50 am

Cheers Mark!

When I go back home next month I'll do the same - just to see if they are the same.

Later dude.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:34 am

@DarthStanley wrote:
Hi Craig,

No i never got an answer mate,i'm gonna post a photo of my box when my camera decides to work again! Rolling Eyes

I'm sure i read somewhere that figures that have made in mexico on them but don't have the LL logo on the cardback are classed as LL as well? :scratch:

I think that's correct Mark. There are quite a few Kenner MIM (Made In Mexico) MOC's. I think they are all 65bks. But I think the consensus is that all Kenner MIM MOC's are in fact Ledy.

As for the Y-Wing question... I'm not really sure. Wink I have an Endor Forest Ranger that says Made in Spain, but so far I can't find any evidence that it's a PBP or anything like that.

Hopefully someone can chime in with a better answer! Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks for the info Chris! Very Happy

I'll post a pic of my y wing box soon & hopefully someone can chime in with some more info! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:11 am

Cheers for replying Chris!

Any Ledy nutters out there who can help out ????
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Craig i'm a Ledy maniac what you need?

Dan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Hey Dan!

See above mate! Me and Mark have Tri/Bi-Logo boxes with a small black sticker saying made in Mexico.

We were wandering if these are Lili-Ledy and were fully assembled/packed in Mexico. If any one can explain anything about them that would be great!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:17 pm

i could'nt find any boxes?I looked back through the thread's.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:57 pm

@RebelChris wrote:
I think that's correct Mark. There are quite a few Kenner MIM (Made In Mexico) MOC's. I think they are all 65bks. But I think the consensus is that all Kenner MIM MOC's are in fact Ledy.

Just a point but I think that applies to the figures only. You can buy a MIM figure with a "kenner" weapon. Biker Scout is an example. There are 65 back short mouth biker scouts with both the light grey (Kenner) and Dark "lettered" Grey (LL) weapons.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:59 pm

Thanks for looking Dan! Cool
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:07 pm

@DarthStanley wrote:
Thanks for looking Dan! Cool

Laughing Laughing

Pictures speak a thousand words Dan but this time you just have to read the text bud :drunken:
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:36 pm

!'ll try & get some pics of this mysterious MIM sticker up tomorrow guys,my camera's been playing up! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:19 am

I just posted a pic in Latest Vintage Purchases thread of my Jawa loose figure - I'm curious about his blaster, at first it appears to be the V2 solid dark blue with no raised bump. But held up against the light the magazine and end of butt are translucent like the V1 version but the V1 has a raised bump and mine doesn't. Any thoughts? Does the V2 blaster have parts on it that are translucent? Cheers guys Smile

Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 Jawa_013

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:39 am

it is the solid blue one for me. All wepaons are a little bit translucent on their thinner parts. The "true" translucent once are translucent all over Smile

Anyway a nice find...I also have two for my Vinyl caped Jawas Wink

Wolff
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:44 am

That one look's Blue Paul.I have the green translucent Jawa blaster with bump and without bump and there transparant all through the blaster.

Dan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks Dan and Wolff, yes it makes sense now that thinner parts of a weapon would be translucent.
Smile

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next