The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:25 pm

I just started my modest loose vintage collection and have a question. All of my figures have the year and COO on them, but some of them say LFL, and others GMFIG. What do this letters stand for?

Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
I just started my modest loose vintage collection and have a question. All of my figures have the year and COO on them, but some of them say LFL, and others GMFIG. What do this letters stand for?

Thanks for the help!

Hi SN,

Lucas Films Ltd

and

General Mills Fun Group Inc

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:10 pm

LFL. Lingerie Football league cheers

Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 Football-lingerie-bowl-8
I think Paul may be more correct Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:15 pm

@aussiejames wrote:
LFL. Lingerie Football league cheers

Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 Football-lingerie-bowl-8
I think Paul may be more correct Smile

lol! lol! lol!

that is superb! I want a season ticket!

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks guys. Simple enough. So what do the Kenner figs say on them or are these Kenner?
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Unless I'm totally bananas no figure actually says "Kenner". The will just display their other information (if any). The General Mills one have the abbreviation.

For what it's worth, one doesnt hold more value than another.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Perhaps Sithnoob is wondering if there is a difference between Kenner & foreign figure legmarkings?? To me all licensed figures are Kenner pre 1985. (there was a change over period Hasbro/Kenner after this?)
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 7:40 pm

@aussiejames wrote:
Perhaps Sithnoob is wondering if there is a difference between Kenner & foreign figure legmarkings?? To me all licensed figures are Kenner pre 1985. (there was a change over period Hasbro/Kenner after this?)

Yes - that's what i was wondering. So they were all sold by Kenner but were made by various manufacturers? Some of the leg markers just have the COO and date. Really want to know if there is a difference between the same figs if they were made by different companies. Example - one Stormy has the GMFGI and another has the LFL. I know my Boba's look different between the Taiwan & Hong Kong. But they both say CPG.

Can anyone give me a link to something describing the leg markings?

The Lingerie Football League seems much more simple...
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Sith Noob wrote:

Yes - that's what i was wondering. So they were all sold by Kenner but were made by various manufacturers? Some of the leg markers just have the COO and date. Really want to know if there is a difference between the same figs if they were made by different companies. Example - one Stormy has the GMFGI and another has the LFL. I know my Boba's look different between the Taiwan & Hong Kong. But they both say CPG.

Can anyone give me a link to something describing the leg markings?

The Lingerie Football League seems much more simple...

Kenner was owned by General Mills Fun Group Inc. which is where that leg marking comes from. I'm just going from memory, but I believe just the earlier toys (1st 21, falcon, landspeeder, Tie, etc) have that marking on them and anything from Empire and beyond do not. I've going to have to check my stormtroopers now to see if I have some with and without, but I thought the later releases still kept those marking. My guess though would be the stormtrooper without gmfgi was a later release. There are differences between the figures from different factories and the one to talk to is Wolff who is making the guide Smile If you want to know about every figure than that guide would be your best bet. However, if there is just one particular figure you want to know about, let us know and I'm sure some of us can help you with the differences.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:28 pm

In light of the recent "prototype" issue from Ronniebiggs, I'm giving this thread a little bump.

Guys, please, please, please, do not hesitate to ask ANY and all questions related to vintage Star Wars collecting here. No matter how stupid you think they may or may not be. We are all learning in this hobby (look at Joe_O's 70C thread for evidence of that) and it never hurts to ask. And if you feel uncomfortable about asking out in the open, please PM someone or just post photos in this thread (no need to auction out). TIG is a great group and we are all happy to help each other out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:03 pm

Just a question from a newbie seller. I have colllected vintage loose figures for awhile and want to sell some I was wondering if it was better to sell them individually or as a specialized grouping, not just a random lot, more like grouping the original 12 back for example?
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:06 pm

I would go for individual, itll attract a larger audience and guarantee a quicker sale to someone needing that certain figure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:14 am

Thanks Admiral. for your reply, I have another question concerning ebays C rating system. I noticed People selling figures at a C8 - C9 rating that are loose figures, according to ebays explanation of the rating system loose figures are no more than a C4 even in mint condition, is there something im missing or have people just misunderstood it and kinda changed the rules on their own. I want to be honest with my rating I just need a clearer explanation of the system... thanks.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:26 am

Hi Siddbad. Not sure which C rating guide you are reading on Ebay. I found one there, but it seems to deal only with carded figures.
Loose figures could be graded in this way, BUT, it is really almost entirely a subjective view of the person grading the figure. One persons C9.5 is another's C8.0. I take very little notice of this, & would not advise you use it in your descriptions. In time, you will either undersell your figures due to you being overly tough on your grading, or will get complaints & negs due to buyers expectations of what a figures C rating should be. I would forget this system, & rely on some (ie more than one) good photographs that show how minty the figure is, or highlight any imperfections. Good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Thanks and thats true I definately pay more attention to well photographed figures.
Back to top Go down
Bonsai
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:49 am

HI Lads,

Hello and grettings to your online community. I was refered to this site through my friends at
skull and bones skateboards. An online community of vintage skateboard collectors. A few of you
possibly know the site. So I understand the value of the online collecting communities.

I am wanting some information, if there is somewhere in Australia where I can get a full set of
12 inch 1978 Star Wars figures Graded / Carded. I am familiar with the US site AFA but I dont wish
to post the set overseas.

The figures are all complete with all weapons and accessories. I will be looking to sell the set
but first I would like to get them graded to get an accurate value for myself and the buyer.

Any information will be greatly appreciated here is a link to some pics. I will be taking detailed pics soon.

https://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt290/bonsai_tim/VINTAGE%20STAR%20WARS/

PM me with any info or enquires

https://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt290/bonsai_tim/VINTAGE%20STAR%20WARS/
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:01 am

welcome I've replied to your PM Wink here's a previous sale:
@Paul-itoy wrote:
Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 5393657734_4a3f66b9b8_z

SOLD -Vader. Saber snapped half way and glued.
SOLD -Ben. Blue saber (should be yellow)
SOLD -R2. Has DS plans. Yellowed a bit. Couple of small chips on chrome.
£20 -Stormie. Has blaster and string loop. A few yellow blotches, mainly on the back. Good wrists - no melt.
£30 -Jawa. Complete. Good wrists - no melt
SOLD -Luke. Complete. Bit of wear to hair and belt buckle.
SOLD -Chewie. Complete. Blaster, pouch and all ammo cartridges.
£45 -Han. Complete. Bit of wear to hair and belt buckle. Stain on medal ribbon.
SOLD -C3P0. Loose limbs. Still stands fine. Very minor wear.
£30 -Leia. No combs. Complete. Original buns. Original elastic on them present but perished. New elastics added to keep them in place.
PENDING -Boba. Complete. Rocket tip and jets have yellowed a bit. Fading down RHS of figure. Not really bad but needs mentioning. Good wrists - no melt.

£300 for the lot (plus postage) obo.
Get them all at once and save long term on individual postage Cool
Back to top Go down
Bonsai
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:11 am

OK many thanks.
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: ledy falcon ship   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:52 pm

can anyone tell me is there any differance between a kenner falcon ship
and a lili ledy falcon ship i know the boxes are different
i am thinking on the lines of / molding / stickers sheets / colour / coo / etc
allso does anyone know if the falcon was made in the ledy factory or was it inported and reboxed in ledy packerging
thanks jase
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Just send Luis (mexicantoys) a PM. He has the cheap one for sale on ebay
Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 DSC08652
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 2:07 pm

have you sent luis a pm james or you telling me to mate

i have just bought 2 ledy figures off luis / mexicantoys as well lol!

i will send him a pm buddy cheers james

reply off luis if anyone needs it for future referance

Im pretty sure the plastic is little diferent and the colors in some way but not big diference
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Hey Guys--
I've decided to start to try and complete a US loose set. I'm going AFA on them, so I can get them online in high condition and nicely cased. My question is: does anyone know where I can find a good checklist that also includes "major" variations? I have a very basic one, but it only has one of each. What I need is something that also includes things like Yoda Orange Snake and Yoda Brown Snake. Or Lando With Teeth, Lando no teeth. That sort of thing. I know there are tons of things like that that I dont know about, and I'm anal, so a checklist is what I need. I don't need anything extensive like all the kajillion COO variants just yet, or things like molded legs, Ledy, etc. That will be a "down the road" project. Smile

ANyway, any help would be appreciated!

TIG Rules!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:18 am

There is another one but this may do? : http://vlix.com/variation/
HWR's http://theswca.com/textf/sw-figure-variations.html

otherwise get onto AFA & see what 'list' they may have
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:25 am

Thanks aussiejames! That's even more than I was looking for! Looking at those lists seems pretty daunting, though. I might need a second mortgage or a second job. Shocked
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:51 am

Perhaps go through this : http://www.rebelscum.com/VINfigures.asp and just pick the 'variations' you want. Which will limit it to 2 variations per figure on average.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread   Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Collecting 101 Q&A Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next