The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Hey Guys,
I'm so confused over this Han, I was hoping for some clarity! Is this a PBP Han or something else? German maybe? Any help would be appreciated. The hands are pink, was really hard to capture.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:26 pm

[quote="javiswspain"]Han PBP
[url=https://servimg.com/view/15013140/50][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f61/15/01/31/40/han_

Last edited by javiswspain on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:44 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
Where is the I like it button??? Very Happy

The next problem, and this one wasnt mentioned before, is:
Lots of people think they could have find rare, searched for stuff by accident!

Well, of course this can happen! But lets talk reality:

To find a figure per accident in another country compared to where it was produced:

- Poch: zero, zero, zero %
- PBP (and I mean only the PBP figures that only appereared in spain, not greedo, snag, etc) max. 0,001% (I found my red harnes 4-lom in GB)
- Meccano figures (late french trilogo figures) normally 0%, but there is case of 2 RS found in Germany!

Talking about Poch, PBP and Meccano you will win the lottery twice before you find one in the US, or buy thousands of figures from one-character to at least have...NONE!! LOL

- LL: very rare in US besides MIM figures....Ill give it a chance from 1: 10.000. More often some characters are found in europe mainly spain because some of them released on PBP cards! But even in Spain these are rare!
- MIM: very often found in US and thats why the prices are pretty low. You can get nearyl every MIM card MOC for 40-50 USD! Wink
- Glasslite: I never heard of sth found in the US...and of yourse not in europe!
- Takara: Japan marked figures.....I dont believe you will ever find ONE!

The term rare is used far too often! A Han molded legs is simply not rare, wether is a Blue Snag or a VC Jawa, or a DT Luke! Thats kindergarden...you can get them every week!

Some Ledys, some PBP and POCh and some Meccano stuff you can not get for years even if you offer 500 bucks for each!

I dont know how to get this in peoples heads. But the chances to find a real LL figure (and thats the most frequent question and I dont mean MIM) in the US is very very very low! And of course Ledy figures are only very expensive if they have the complete Ledy accesorries!!

So go for it...try your luck! But if you have some loose...sell the doubles and discolored figures and use the money to buy the real stuff! Wink...from trustfull mexican sellers here in the forum Wink

...just my 2 cents

Same here
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Hey Javi,
Thanks for the pic, do you think this Han is the one you listed at No COO/German on pg1 then? I agree with your above statement, I live in the US & 99% of the figures I buy come from overseas. This figure came from Germany & was advertised as being a PBP which apparently isn't the case study
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:13 am

@RetroRewindToys wrote:
Hey Javi,
Thanks for the pic, do you think this Han is the one you listed at No COO/German on pg1 then? I agree with your above statement, I live in the US & 99% of the figures I buy come from overseas. This figure came from Germany & was advertised as being a PBP which apparently isn't the case study
Thanks!

Thats the normal used terms on ebay and in the collecting world. I wouldnt blame the seller for advertising it as PBP! See some Tri Fetts are sold as PBP every week....did you ever see one of them on a PBP card?? Or the darkbrown boots Luke bespin is always called PBP! I have never ever seen one on a spanish card! All I have seen have had lightbrown boots!
I have to say Im not familiar with spanish Trilogo cards..... Rolling Eyes

What you have there is a german "PBP coo" Han. He wasnt produced in Germany, because Germany didnt produced any SW figures. But he is called like that because you can find him there quite "often". Its still a "rare" piece and nice variant!

Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:21 am

@wbobafett wrote:
@RetroRewindToys wrote:
Hey Javi,
Thanks!

Thats the normal used terms on ebay and in the collecting world. I wouldnt blame the seller for advertising it as PBP! See some Tri Fetts are sold as PBP every week....did you ever see one of them on a PBP card?? Or the darkbrown boots Luke bespin is always called PBP! I have never ever seen one on a spanish card! All I have seen have had lightbrown boots!
I have to say Im not familiar with spanish Trilogo cards..... Rolling Eyes

What you have there is a german "PBP coo" Han. He wasnt produced in Germany, because Germany didnt produced any SW figures. But he is called like that because you can find him there quite "often". Its still a "rare" piece and nice variant!

Hey Wolff,
Hope You dont mind i used a quote from You, dude 
Cheers lads
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:26 am

@javiswspain wrote:

Hey Wolff,
Hope You dont mind i used a quote from You, dude 
Cheers lads

Besides the fact that this was not my best "speaking english" day its much appreciated Wink

Seriously.....sometimes I get toe nails rolled up when i read again posts of mine....terrible spelling sometimes...LOL

BTW: you got PM Javi Wink
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:08 am

Many thanks for the clarification Wolff & Javi! It's funny you brought up the Bespin Luke as well, I have 3 of those & all 3 have different colored boots. I was under the impression that a "true" PBP Luke has gray boots, but only 1 of the 3 has gray boots the rest are some shade of brown.

Here are some pictures -

http://retrorewindtoys.com/2011/10/24/luke-bespin-pbp-variants/

I have a few more figures I am curious about now, I have 2 Luke X-Wing that were also advertised as PBP but now I wonder as the faces are pink & not white geek

Some more of this is needed on my end study lol!

Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:41 am

So are these PBP or something entirely different? The hands & face are pink not white, so if not PBP what are they? :scratch:
One of these came from the UK (#1) & the second one came from Germany. As always help would be greatly appreciated Very Happy

Luke X-Wing PBP?

Luke X-Wing PBP?
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:33 pm

I dont know one single Luke Xwing that has survived on a PBP card....soooooooo.....what to say. It is believed that only the Luke xwing with pink/white face is real PBP.

You already said where you bought them...why do you think they are PBP then?? BTW: the faces arent really "pink". The real pink face look totally different. I would call these face normal (compare to the hands Wink )! What you have there is normal Trilogo figures!

Your Luke bespin on the far left has totally discolored boots btw!

Hope that hepls!
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:54 pm

I assumed they were PBP, because they were advertised that way on eBay! LOL! Also your guide lists these 2 COO's as PBP's, so I was under the impression that the COO was exclusive to PBP, which is obviously not the case but is good to know. I am trying to make sense of it all! I really appreciate you taking the time out Wolff to clarify, I appreciate you & Javi for the help!

So Wolffe using your guide on Luke Hoth the scarred out COO (#4) is that exclusive to PBP or can it also be found elsewhere? I have been searching for that Luke Hoth for what seems like forever with no luck.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:09 pm

@RetroRewindToys wrote:
I assumed they were PBP, because they were advertised that way on eBay!

Sellers on Ebay will tell you a headless figure is rare these days. Very Happy Thats why its always best to ask about a certain figure before you make a jump on it. Better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:48 pm

@Chris_J wrote:
Sellers on Ebay will tell you a headless figure is rare these days. Very Happy

lol! How very true! Luckily I still needed these figures & I didn't pay a obscene amount for any of them, well outside of shipping. Today has been rather eye-opening to say the least! Luckily I just collect the COO variants, so these still work for me but I can see how dangerous ie expensive this lesson could have been! I appreciate all the advice given, you guys rule! Many thanks!
Pat
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:55 am

I wouldnt blame the sellers for calling the scarred Luke Xwing as PBP because it is called like that since almost 10 years.

The problem is that the knowledge to these figures moved on since a few years, but terms which got common to the collecting community just stayed. I could even bet that Afa would grade that Lukes as PBP.

Its a personal opinion on this and I dont want to step on any toes here, but IMO the buyer has to care what he is buying. Buyers should edjucate themselves better and only buy what they know, or do research before they buy. We have tons of information availible in the forums and the internet. Another example is: I wouldnt have discovered so many stuff or got all that tough variants if I would only buy from sellers describtion. I.e. there was not one "real PBP" Luke Xwing described as such sold on ebay in the last 5 years.

Luke Hoth Scar:
There is 2 different: the PBP and the french Trilogo version! You never found one??? See thats what I mean: The real PBP stuff is extremly rare!! Prepare yourself for 250 USD+++ if one turns up correctly described as that!
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:28 am

Hey Wolff...you forgot to mention, that the french PBP/Meccano (Trilogo card) is always pink faced....and the other one (ROTJ PBP card) is always pale.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 2200642480082165665S600x600Q85
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:58 am

LOL...sorry thought that would be clear...and forgot to write down!

And you forgot to mention that you own this beauty!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:30 pm

@mike-skywalker wrote:
Hey Wolff...you forgot to mention, that the french PBP/Meccano (Trilogo card) is always pink faced....and the other one (ROTJ PBP card) is always pale.
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 2200642480082165665S600x600Q85
Wow Mirco!!!very nice figure You have There !! I love it!!
Btw, the called pale face pbp luke hoth is a faded figure in fact, i have found an undegraded pbp luke hoth with ligth pink face...
Email on the way with pict , i cant upload it from my iphone....
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Its the same on all those figures: the faces can vary! the Luke Hoth pale face is for 1000% NOT faded Javi! There is only different faces on him like on Han Hoth!

There even now popped up a Rebel Soldier darkbrown jacket with pink face on a PBP ROTJ card!

If you have a closer look on all existing Han Hoth on PBP ROTJ card you will notice that only two of them have the pale face and the violett jacket...the other three have white with pink and normal jacket....its a madhouse!

In fact you can already see in ulis guide that there is the pale face Luke Hoths and some with shlightly pink on it. The pink contingent can vary very much like on the Tri/Pal Han Hoth and the PBP pale/pink Luke Xwing!
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:02 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
Its the same on all those figures: the faces can vary! the Luke Hoth pale face is for 1000% NOT faded Javi! There is only different faces on him like on Han Hoth!
Sorry but You Are wrong on this...
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Well....then we have to agree that we dont agree!

Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:10 pm

I don´t believe the pale face Luke is a faded pink face. That would mean every pale face like Han Hoth, AT-AT Commander, Rebel Soldier was originally a pink face. I guess 1 of thousand Dengars is a pink face. That means 999 from 1000 are faded.
The pale and pink face are different spry ops. The fale faces were first sprayed white with slightly pink over it and the pink faces are sprayed only in pink.

Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Ok lads, Its My opinion and i have found Unfaded pbp figures Lately , You both can think what bou want, no problem by this side 
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:22 pm

gg

Last edited by javiswspain on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Good you posted a pic Javi.

Ill stay with my opinion! See on the Luke Hoth you can see on the side from the nose that there is no "pink/flesh" Its as I thought. You have truly found a rarer variant of the face but the pink is sprayed over the creme! Sometimes its more....sometimes its less! I have less on luke hoth!

On the rebel soldier: I have the same like you with just pink on the chin!
edit: There obviously three Rebel soldiers on PBP: pink face, white face and creme face with sort of pink over it!

Believe me: that are spray variants that happen all the time on PBP figures! You have the same on the Luke Xwing pilot: see the nose from the side...its more white!

What is others people opinions??

I do believe in a paint variant! The luke hoth you have appears more often with "half" pink face...means less pink....like in Ulis guide! YOurs is nearly full pink. But the side from the nose wouldnt degradade faster...why should it??

On a site note:

We have lots of different pain varinats oon spanish figures. We have 3 different Poch Landos, we have 2 different poch Han hoth and 2 different PBP han hoth, we have a minimum of 3 different PBP Rebel Soldiers. So IMO there is a lot of paint variants in spanish productions!

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Another note:

Your believed faded Rebel Soldier with white/creme face has the same color as some Dengars!

Also I disbelieve you theorie on the CCP! There is tons of white faced CCPS and only 5 or 6 known pink faces! the point is: They are wether pick or white...there is no "stage" known with half "discolored" face....strange or?

Its unlikely all pale face CCP are disoclored...would be the same as all Tri Dengars would be disolored IMO!

I dont want to give ya a hard time Javi...or argue...or want to be the better "expert"...its just that I dont see it mate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-