The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:54 pm

@javiswspain wrote:
I dont know why the neck are paintet differnt , who knows...
But why all i have found have white hands? all sunlightdamaged? faded colour ??? and why not faded to the neck ??iF is the same colour used? Cool

but not the same plastic used underneath...and thats important for degradation reactions Smile

Wolff
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:03 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
@javiswspain wrote:
I dont know why the neck are paintet differnt , who knows...
But why all i have found have white hands? all sunlightdamaged? faded colour ??? and why not faded to the neck ??iF is the same colour used? Cool

but not the same plastic used underneath...and thats important for degradation reactions Smile

Wolff
Wolff, is the same white paint used on Luke ,hoth CCP,RS dark brown etc...all of that are faded???why you are so reluctant to the white paint of this PBP?I think is common paint on PBP´s
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 Dsc_0217
Take look to the coo (circle in red)sligthly differnt scar...
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:08 pm

Also i have found many many regular figures with white paint in lots from Spain, and the sellers arent collectors , simply they sold theirs chilhood´s figures.I think some early PBP figs regular are Kenner one but differnt paint job....Latters PBP made theirs own figs , with own mold and paint, these are the genuine PBP we are looking for Wink

Last edited by javiswspain on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:11 pm

You can find many figures with differnt skin colours everywhere!!!why not in PBP variants?
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:23 pm

man i love the debate, the force is strong in these two.great investigation work guy's.you have some great variant's.yo wolff thank's for the help with my chewbacca's bro.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:37 pm

@vintageSWfan wrote:
man i love the debate, the force is strong in these two.great investigation work guy's.you have some great variant's.yo wolff thank's for the help with my chewbacca's bro.Dan. cheers
Hey Dan!! What do you think about the White colour of PBP Han´s hands?
cheers
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:56 pm

i think that yes it is definitly possible.i even have a better idea let's say wolff and you send me all the figures. Wink Wink Wink Wink so i can make a better descion. lol! Dan.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Im just wondering...for sure the white color is normal to PBP...but why no white neck???

Use different colors???on one figure??? That seems quite unlogical...but who knows!!!

Ulis seems also have these hands...so you maybe right! Smile

Ok..you are right..Ill give up....grumble...save the next one ypu find for me will ya??? Im missing one more figure now!

wolff
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:11 pm

ya i wish i had either one.you guy's got it goin on.those figures are awesome.Dan.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:39 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
Im just wondering...for sure the white color is normal to PBP...but why no white neck???

Use different colors???on one figure??? That seems quite unlogical...but who knows!!!

Ulis seems also have these hands...so you maybe right! Smile

Ok..you are right..Ill give up....grumble...save the next one ypu find for me will ya??? Im missing one more figure now!

wolff
WOllf you lucky man
I have a spare Han PBP Wink
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:44 pm

@vintageSWfan wrote:
ya i wish i had either one.you guy's got it goin on.those figures are awesome.Dan.
Dont worry mate,the next is for you Wink
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:45 pm

@vintageSWfan wrote:
i think that yes it is definitly possible.i even have a better idea let's say wolff and you send me all the figures. Wink Wink Wink Wink so i can make a better descion. lol! Dan.
lol!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Was the 'confirmed' PBP Biker Scout ever released on a PBP card?

Uli
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:22 pm

@Idefix13 wrote:
Was the 'confirmed' PBP Biker Scout ever released on a PBP card?

Uli

hehehe....good question!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:52 pm

javi do you have a carded PBP biker scout?Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 4:09 pm

@vintageSWfan wrote:
javi do you have a carded PBP biker scout?Dan cheers
yo Dan...he would be the first!

As long as I know, there is no carded example known!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:12 pm

eek's where did it come from?the keebler elves made him. lol! lol! lol! Dan.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:22 pm

Does anyone have a Spanish R2? i would like to see his Datestamp to compare to the Ledy R2V2 (more loose ends)
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:41 am

As for the PBP Biker Scout - there are PBP Biker Scout MOCs but they all seem to carry the Taiwan variant ...

... so Javi why is the scarred 'made in' Scout a 'confirmed' PBP variant and not just a figure sold in Spain (maybe similar to the YPS figure)?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:02 am

Its great to see this thread up and research starting on PBP figures!

What is the best way to classify them?

POCH / PBP = Exclusive figures only found on POCH / PBP Cards?

PBP / TRI = The figures variants found on both PBP and Tri Logo?

Maybe a 3rd classification is needed for figures found on ROTJ Palioty cards as well e.g Luke Bespin Dark boots Variant?

PBP / TRI / Palitoy ?

Im just throwing this out there for discussion Smile

Jay

Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:37 am

Imo it's pretty hard to find the correct therm for Spanish figures...

...it seems that most variant figures sold on Poch cards were just paint modified figures of common Kenner figures (e. g. Han Hoth brown legs, RS white legs, black neck Lando) while some later figures (sold on PBP cards) have mould differences (e.g. 4-LOM).

The other thing is that you can find figures on PBP cards that have moulds identical (only in moulding or in moulding and painting) to Macao or LL figures (e. g. Luke Hoth, Ben Kenobi).

Just my thoughts...

Uli
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:57 am

@jaymassive619 wrote:
Its great to see this thread up and research starting on PBP figures!

What is the best way to classify them?

POCH / PBP = Exclusive figures only found on POCH / PBP Cards?

PBP / TRI = The figures variants found on both PBP and Tri Logo?

Maybe a 3rd classification is needed for figures found on ROTJ Palioty cards as well e.g Luke Bespin Dark boots Variant?

PBP / TRI / Palitoy ?

Im just throwing this out there for discussion Smile

Jay
i think your 3rd classification must be PBP/TRI/PALITOY/ MECCANO/LILI LEDY Wink lol! there are some PBP closer to that licences ....
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:04 am

@Idefix13 wrote:
Imo it's pretty hard to find the correct therm for Spanish figures...

...it seems that most variant figures sold on Poch cards were just paint modified figures of common Kenner figures (e. g. Han Hoth brown legs, RS white legs, black neck Lando) while some later figures (sold on PBP cards) have mould differences (e.g. 4-LOM).

The other thing is that you can find figures on PBP cards that have moulds identical (only in moulding or in moulding and painting) to Macao or LL figures (e. g. Luke Hoth, Ben Kenobi).

Just my thoughts...

Uli
Uli, you are right IMO ,i think the same things Wink..... i said the same thing on the live chat days ago...
Is very hard know wich ones are genuine PBP figures, but with the help of community(like you) i think we will do it Wink
Also i think some El retorno del Jedi figures are regular Kenner figures BUT have sligthly differnet paint job, maybe we will be able to apart PBP from the Kenneres ones Wink
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:16 am

@Idefix13 wrote:
As for the PBP Biker Scout - there are PBP Biker Scout MOCs but they all seem to carry the Taiwan variant ...
i think you are right on that

@Idefix13 wrote:
... so Javi why is the scarred 'made in' Scout a 'confirmed' PBP variant and not just a figure sold in Spain (maybe similar to the YPS figure)?
I marked it becouse the whole variant collectors recognize it as a figure only available in Spain, and if that figure is only available in Spain then the Factory must be PBP, right?The biker "PBP" have hard torso , high details and glossy paint , these are PBP caracteristics ,if you think this is not a real variant we will discusse it Wink , i will put "ON HOLD" for you
About his origin , i have some thoughts Wink, i guess you too Wink
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:31 am

Hey Uli ! i forgot to comment you that i have heard about you finally have found the REAL weapon for PBP biker scout Wink congrats on that !
But as you said that PBP cards have regular TW biker inside and the called PBP is not the TW figure , then how could you know that this gun is right for the PBP??who told you ?i am so intrigued
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-