The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:33 am

I echo everything said its gonna be tough to work out a decent classification system but i think with everyone on board we can do it!

Its also very important to get MOC owners on board when ever we can Smile Its always great to see certain figure variants traced back to there MOC release and that type of research is uber important imo

Jay

Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:05 am

This is the preliminary list of PBP/TRI/PALITOY/MECCANO/G.MILLS/LILI LEDY figures
I am sure many of this have to change and be confirm with carded examples.

THIS IS JUST THE BEGGINING it must be corrected with the community help Wink.
any additional information will be greatly appreciated ! Wink

4-LOM red armor PBP CONFIRMED
AT-AT Commander Pale face /scar coo PBP/TRI CONFIRMED
AT-AT Driver ,Hard torso /Made in + scar coo PBP/TRI CONFIRMED
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi PBP/LILI LEDY NO CONFIRMED
Bespin security guard scar coo PBP NO CONFIRMED
Biker Scout CONFIRMED
Boba Fett unapinted knee.PBP?NOT CONFIRMED i think just MECCANO/TRI/PALITOY
Bossk PBP?NOT CONFIRMED/ MECCANO? NOT CONFIRMED/GERMAN CARDS CONFIRMED/PALITOY CONFIRMED
C-3P0 screw on back PBP/LILI LEDY CONFIRMED
Chewbacca PBP/ TRI? NOT CONFIRMED
Cloud Car Pilot scar coo/withe face PBP CONFIRMED
Darth Vader scar coo PBP/CLIPPER?/TRI? NOT CONFIRMED
Dengar PBP/ TRI NOT CONFIRMED
Gamorrean Guard PBP NOT CONFIRMED
General Madine PBP NOT CONFIRMED
Greedo scar coo PBP NOT CONFIRMED
Hammerhead scar coo PBP NOT CONFIRMED
Han Solo PBP CONFIRMED
Han Solo(Original)white hands.Paint job variant on Palitoy confirmed, German cards confirmed, Trilogo cards Not confirmed
Han Solo Hoth white face PBP/ TRI/ PALITOY NOT CONFIRMED
Han Solo Hoth dark panths PBP? NOT CONFIRMED
Imperial Commander scar coo PBP/LILI LEDY NOT CONFIRMED
Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear) PBP/YPS/TRI CONFIRMED
Jawa PBP? NOT CONFIRMED
Lando Calrissian scar coo PBP /TRI NOT CONFIRMED
Lando Calrissian black neck PBP(Both versions smille/no smille) CONFIRMED
Luke Skywalker farmboy PBP NOT CONFIRMED
Luke Skywalker in Bespin Fatigues PBP/PALITOY CONFIRMED
Luke Skywalker Hoth PBP CONFIRMED
Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot white face PBP/TRI/PALITOY NOT CONFIRMED
Power Droid Poder PBP? NOT CONFIRMED
Princess Leia Organa Boushh red hair and face details PBP NOT CONFIRMED
Rebel Commander black boots PBP CONFIRMED
Rebel Soldier in Hoth Battle Gear Dark brown White face PBP CONFIRMED
Rebel Soldier in Hoth Battle Gear painted panths PBP NOT CONFIRMED
Rebel Soldier in Hoth Battle Gear Dark brown pink face PBP/TRI/MECCANO NOT CONFIRMED
Snaggletooth scar coo PBP NOT CONFIRMED
Star Destroyer Commander (Death Squad Commander)Hard torso/glossy paint MIHK PBP NOT CONFIRMED
Stormtrooper PBP CONFIRMED
TIE Fighter Pilot PBP/MECCANO/TRI?NOT CONFIRMED
Walrus Man PBP/TRI NOT CONFIRMED
Weequay PBP NOT CONFIRMED
Yoda PBP/LILI LEDY CONFIRMED

LEYEND
RED : Poch/PBP variants exclusive confirmed

Hope this help community Wink

Last edited by javiswspain on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:07 am

@javiswspain wrote:
Hey Uli ! i forgot to comment you that i have heard about you finally have found the REAL weapon for PBP biker scout Wink congrats on that !...
I still have to find two for my two subvariant PBP (Spanish) Scouts...

@javiswspain wrote:

But as you said that PBP cards have regular TW biker inside and the called PBP is not the TW figure , then how could you know that this gun is right for the PBP??who told you ?i am so intrigued
Shocked
Because the blaster came with one of these PBP Scouts and I had never seen one like that before. A friend of mine also got a complete loose Scout from Spain with a blaster in same moulding, colour, etc. so it has to be the correct blaster for that figure.

A wild theory about the 'PBP' Scout: This figure is very common in Spain (at times I collected variants more active I had about 5 or 6 in my hands (all spares are gone)) and I have never seen it anywhere else. So could it be that the figure was sold exclusively in the Colgate set in Spain?
The mould of the figure is very close to the Macao mould. You can find both types of the Macao moulding (space between made in and scar) at the Spanish Scout.
Maybe made the factory in Macao a stock of figures only for the Colgate promotion? After they finished this stock they put a 'Macao' inside the mould and produced the Macao variant.
As for the different paint job of the Macao and 'PBP' Scout - they maybe shipped unpainted figures and / or parts to Spain.
It could also be that they removed the Macao out of the scar in Spain... (removing coos by hand was pretty "in" in Spain at that time).

Uli
P.S. If I'm right with my theory we have a Colgate Biker Very Happy
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:27 am

@Idefix13 wrote:
So could it be that the figure was sold exclusively in the Colgate set in Spain?

BINGO!!!!!jajajjajajajI know you've been after the origin of this figure for years....

Good job Mr Holmes !!you are right on this one, i can confirm it without doubts, i get (ok.. i stole Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ) 3 of that biker from Colgate´s boxes in 1985 , when i was a child.As me, many people get his biker from Colgate too....

Somebody told you before?Just a few collector knowed that .....
But i have a bad news for you mate, the Colgate promotion biker NEVER was packed with weapon(so you dont need other weapons to complet yours Bikers Wink.I have a couple of blaster from PBP biker(TW coo) cards ,i can post picts if you need it

Hopes this help you Uli
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:30 am

Hm never with weapon... hm hm are you sure that all were sold without weapon?

How about the other Colgate figures? Any other variants at (a special Bib for example)?

Edit: pictures of the Taiwan blasters would be perfect!
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:36 am

Also nobody remember any wewapon packed with any figure in Colgate boxes.I think all that figures was reamins of factory producctions...
The question is :why a "new" /genuine fig like Biker was made for that colgate promotion?
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:39 am

@Idefix13 wrote:
Hm never with weapon... hm hm are you sure that all were sold without weapon?

How about the other Colgate figures? Any other variants at (a special Bib for example)?

Edit: pictures of the Taiwan blasters would be perfect!
The colgate Bib Have weapon?
As i told you i purchased a lot of that colgate promotion figures, (Bib fortuna, lando skiff, ackbar, yakface etc ) and any weapon there...
This is a list of Colgate promotion figures that people remember bought many years ago:
Imperial dignatary
8D8
pruneface(sin capa ni arma)
2-1B sin baston
leia poncho
Teebo sin baston
General madine
Luke stormie no casco no arma
Luke skywalker x wing pbp (no arma)
Snowtrooper pbp (capa y sin arma)
Chewbacca pbp (sin arma)
Ackbar hong kong (sin baston)
Calrisian skiff hong kong (con casco sin baston)
Ree Yees Hong kong (sin arma)
Madine Taiwan (sin baston)
Black guard bespin pbp (sin pistola)
Biker Scout pbp (sin arma)
Logray Hong kong (solo bandolera)
Wicket Hong kong (solo capucha)
Royal guard Hong kong (sin lanza)
Darth vader pbp (El único completo)
Cloud Car pilot pbp (solo con pistola)
Boba Fett NO COO (sin arma)
Sangeltooth PBP (con arma de Bespin)
Bib Fortuna (solo con la capa, ni peto ni bastón) Hong kong

Last edited by javiswspain on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:46 am

I have no idea if the Colgate Bib had his staff. I just wonderd if there were any other special variant figures at the Colgate promotion...

The Scouts probably were not that special back in the days - perhaps just some kind of test production or other leftovers, Colgate picked up very cheap.

Now we have the "Spanish Colgate Biker Scout" btw! A figure that belongs next to the "German YPS Snowtrooper"!

Uli
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:54 am

@Idefix13 wrote:

Now we have the "Spanish Colgate Biker Scout" btw!

Uli
I have the "Spanish Colgate Biker Scout" 25 YEARS ago Wink. I always knew the origin of that figure lol!
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:57 am

Uli, what do you think about the preliminary PBP list below?any correction or adds??
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:38 am

Hm... I think it is necessary to split the figures between early Poch releases and later PBP releases and being a bit more concrete. Maybe like this:

SPANISH VARIANT FIGURES

Colgate Biker Scout
confirmed
probably (the two strange blaster are still some kind of mystic, some ROTJ two packs also contained weapons) came without blaster.
coo: Made in + scar

Poch Han Solo Hoth brown pants (the dark pants figure is a different figure imo)
not confirmed
coo: Made in Hong Kong

PBP Han Solo Hoth pale face
not confirmed
coo: Made in
mold identical to the tri pink face made in Han Hoth, but cast in lighter blue plastic

Poch Lando Bespin black neck no smile
confirmed

Poch Lando Bespin black neck smile
confirmed

etc...

I guess in this way everyone knows about what figure you are talking about.

I also think that only the real PBP variant figures should be listed here. Perhaps should we start Char-wise and sum it up in the end (I guess we already started this with the Biker Scout)?

What do you think?

Uli
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:15 pm

@Idefix13 wrote:
Hm... I think it is necessary to split the figures between early Poch releases and later PBP releases and being a bit more concrete

That is a good idea but maybe we couldnt be able to confirm some of them without cardded examples ,
About extra info on each variant , perfec too ,but in the beginig i tought to silmplyficate the preliminary list(just as a refference)

@Idefix13 wrote:
I also think that only the real PBP variant figures should be listed here. Perhaps should we start Char-wise and sum it up in the end (I guess we already started this with the Biker Scout)?
Uli

Completely agree with you on just add the real Poch/PBP for the future guide but to determinate wich figures were also availables in others cards could help people in theirs collections, so we must make at last two list, one with the real and genuines PBP and an other list with similar figures made in differnts countries PBP /TRILOGO /PALITOY/MECCANO /LILI LEDY
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:37 pm

UPDATED Wink members, feel free to let us know any suggestion/information/correction on this preliminary list Wink

Last edited by javiswspain on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:49 pm

you guy's are doing a great job on all the research.Uli i sent you a pm.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 2:08 pm

That Chart is awesome and by working together hopefully we can see if any more figures can be confirmed one way or the other Smile

Uli / Javi do you have pictures of the figures in that list so we can get MOC collectors to see if they have any of them carded?

Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Hey Jay!
I have all that figures, i can include pix but maybe the thread go down with that aomunt of MB ...also i think the owners of PBP carded figures know what we mean on the PBP list....
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Great work and discussions guys, im following this with interest, i do hope others can help out here Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 2:58 pm

[quote="javiswspain"]Hey Jay!
I have all that figures, i can include pix but maybe the thread go down with that aomunt of MB ...also i think the owners of PBP carded figures know what we mean on the PBP list....[/quote

I agree bud I thinking the figures not yet confirmed on Palitoys Tris etc Smile

Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:19 pm

@jaymassive619 wrote:

I agree bud I thinking the figures not yet confirmed on Palitoys Tris etc Smile
i think maybe Wolff or Uli already done that pix Wink but if is not , i will do , no problem Wink
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Ok I can settle with your list for now. It looks much better with the red lines btw.

Rebel Commander black boots - you can also find him on trilogo cards but probably on PBP trilogo cards.

Rebel Soldier Hoth white painted pants: confirmed I think
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 Soldadorebeldehoth_esb37-41b_tn
Edit: Artículos de la colección de Mateo Pascual / Fotografías realizadas por Mateo Pascual

Uli
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:43 pm

@Idefix13 wrote:
Ok I can settle with your list for now. It looks much better with the red lines btw.
Feel free to made a new list with all the info you need Wink

@Idefix13 wrote:
Rebel Commander black boots - you can also find him on trilogo cards but probably on PBP trilogo cards.
i have never seen a RC black boot on Tri card just on PBP, mybe i am wrong i am not an expert on carded TRi figures.The Tri carded collectors must confirm it...

@Idefix13 wrote:
Rebel Soldier Hoth white painted pants: confirmed I think
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 Soldadorebeldehoth_esb37-41b_tn
Edit: Artículos de la colección de Mateo Pascual / Fotografías realizadas por Mateo Pascual

Uli
I guess you mean to the one with white painted pants and unpainted the part of the lengs when it meet torso?
We need a better pict to confirm that Wink
I have found many times on spainsh lots the regular Kenner painted pants that looks like the carded one ...
Also i think we must keep some kind of order list;)
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:10 pm

@Idefix13 wrote:

Colgate Biker Scout
confirmed probably came without blaster.
Uli

Probably???? i am sure that the figure come without blaster.
why you are still thinking on that? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:12 am

@Idefix13 wrote:

Colgate Biker Scout
confirmed
probably (the two strange blaster are still some kind of mystic, some ROTJ two packs also contained weapons) came without blaster.
coo: Made in + scar

Because the two strange balsters are still some kind of mystic to me and a lot of people (including me) thought that all figures sold on ROTJ two packs came without weapons. So (imo) it could be possible that some of the Colgate packs contained weapons. The bad thing is that nearly no Colgate pack seem to have survived so we will never be able to solve this.

As for the RS picture - you can clearly see that the legs are much more white than the arms. Since I had never seen a RS with white legs in another country the small picture should be proof enough. Anyone else on this?

Edit: Javi - do you have the pictures of the Taiwan Biker Blasters you mentioned a few posts above?
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:09 am

@Idefix13 wrote:

Because the two strange balsters are still some kind of mystic to me and a lot of people (including me) thought that all figures sold on ROTJ two packs came without weapons. So (imo) it could be possible that some of the Colgate packs contained weapons. The bad thing is that nearly no Colgate pack seem to have survived so we will never be able to solve this.

Uli, again and again and again ....you never give up? NOBODY remember weapons included with colgate promotion!!!
i know at last 4 people who bought the BIker colgate in 1985(in 4 different cities) and ALL withouth weapons (also NOBODY remember any weapon in colgate except just one person remember a Colgate Vader with saber and CCP with blaster)if you think that these two blasters that you own belongs to the only two blasters packet with colgate biker PBP , ok congrats my friend!!!you are owner of the rarest biker two blaster in the world!!!

@Idefix13 wrote:
As for the RS picture - you can clearly see that the legs are much more white than the arms. Since I had never seen a RS with white legs in another country the small picture should be proof enough. Anyone else on this?
Edit: Javi - do you have the pictures of the Taiwan Biker Blasters you mentioned a few posts above?

Faded arms , also you can found that figure in others coutries, nothing too relevant IMO, just the inner part on top leng
Mabe you can post a comparison shot with a "regular" RS painted pants?i guess you have many of them Wink
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:24 am

theese are my bikers weapons, at alst 4 mold used and at last 4 shades of grey
The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 Biker_10The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 Biker_11The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 Biker_13

The weapon packed with biker PBP is this:

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 Dsc_0310The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 Dsc_0311

i think regular Kenner weapon, no major differences.maybe mold 1
Hope this hlep you !
Javi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread   The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TIG PBP/Poch Character discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-