Hey Guys! I could do with a second opinion here from those with more knowledge than I.
I'm trying to determine if this is original or fake. There seems to be a lot of info around but it's hard to find a simple, concise and consistent set of things to look for - hence I'm reaching out to you all.
Sorry about the mass of images but it's hard to get good color reproduction depending on the backgrounds etc... also when you upload to this site the color vibrancy increases significantly, so the cape is not nearly as red as it appears. I tried a few image hosting sites and they all change the image vibrancy from the pic I have locally on my computer - you'll just have to use your imagination ;-)
My observations (but I am a complete newbie when it comes to this figure):
1) BAD - coo looks incorrect for the VC jawa (from what other sites say)
2) GOOD - has hatching pattern inside the cape (outside where the hood is overturned)
3) BAD - color is not as close to the jawa brown as it might be, and when compared with Ben Kenobi cape (last image) its quite similar
4) GOOD - arm holes look ok to me, small & tight around arms, one has split very slightly
5) GOOD - distance between arm holes makes the cape tight across the figures back
6) GOOD - the edges of the cape are very well cut (maybe die cut?) there are no straight lines (like scissors would cause) or crushing of the vinyl material, its very neatly edged & smooth. This makes me think it was either die cut or it is original?
Anyone with experience with VC Jawa's or has original ones to share/compare, please chip-in with any observations, opinions