The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

TIG - Errors and Corrections

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

TIG - Errors and Corrections - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:32 am

Just have a pic on top of the other Dan (one pic per line) then it wont go wide
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:34 am

So I have Uli's pic of the three Luke Jedi heads.

Do I need to add anything else? I'm getting ready to add these here in a bit.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 am

@Craig T wrote:
I have two on cards which show different hair colours. One has a more Olive colour hair than the other. Is hair (head plastic) colour a give-away for the COO stamp?

I'd venture to say no unless someone cataloged opening a bunch of MOC's and seeing a pattern. The figures with removable heads are too unpredictable since people could have easily swapped them over the years.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:46 pm

@Idefix13 wrote:
@Admiral: imo Dan's figure is no new variant. I only think it could be pretty interesting to show the two different MIHK coos in the LL guide and tell everyone that you can find the Kenner and the LL figure with both coos.

@CraigT: A MIHK MOC Luke could contain a no coo Luke, HK Luke, MIHK Luke (imo). I also can imagine that a Taiwan Luke slipped on a MIHK card... I guess the best way to tell what coo variant figure is inside is to put loose figures next to him and compare the paintings (etc.) of the loose figure to the carded one. The carded figure should have the coo of the loose figure that matches the best.

Hi Uli,

Sorry for any confusion. When I said "Made in Hong Kong" MOC, I was refering specifically to the Kenner cards which housed the Luke Jedi figure variation with a "Made in Hong Kong" COO stamped on its boot. Every card I have seen so far with this particular type of figure variation has been carded on just a Kenner card marked with "HT" next to the POP on the reverse. There's already a post in RS by ThorOakenfelder which debates that there were two factories or production lines in Hong Kong that made Luke Jedi figures and this seems to be widely accepted.

The MOCs which were made by the "second factory" have "HN" on the reverse of the card next to the POP for Kenner or bottom right for Palitoy. Let’s ignore Tri-logo for the minute as this seems to be a black area. Inside all the MOC specimens I have for a "HN" factory card is a Luke Jedi figure with two lines on the tunic (not one) and just "Hong Kong" stamped on the boot. In the case of the Palitoy releases with "HN" marked on the card then the COO has been removed from the figures inside in general.

I am 100% certain that the two carded Lukes I have shown above are "MIHK" COO inside and therefore relevant to the Kenner/LL "MIHK" guide. They are both not TW Lukes. I even pulled my entire carded/loose Luke Jedi Collection and compared them to all the TW Luke Jedis I have. The paint jobs are both different to all my TW Luke Jedis. I compared them both to my loose “MIHK” Luke Jedi and the paint job on the eyes and brows is consistent.

I don't want to sound argumentative ... and I really appreciate your opinions Uli! I just wanted to clarify what I have and why I feel that it is relevant to this post. I would however be very grateful for any evidence you have that a TW Luke Jedi was carded on any Kenner “Made in Hong Kong” card on either HN or HT variants.

There are cards labelled “Made in Hong Kong or Taiwan as labelled within” so I want to clarify that I don’t mean these.

Thanks Uli.

Craig

If you have evidence that Taiwan Lukes have been carded on Kenner
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:33 pm

@RebelChris wrote:
So I have Uli's pic of the three Luke Jedi heads.

Do I need to add anything else? I'm getting ready to add these here in a bit.

Like said before - I would mention the two different MIHK coos and the fact that LL has both coos too.

@CraigT: Wow I was not aware about all those investigations... My 'miscarded' Taiwan Luke was just a guess...
Well I took this picture for comparision of the hair colours:
TIG - Errors and Corrections - Page 2 Luke_j15

Btw. the correct blaster and lightsaber for the Kenner MIHK Luke - is he using the alt. hilt lightsaber and a blaster with thick handle (like the LL blaster)?

Uli
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi Uli,

My 65-A MIHK and 77-A MIHK both have the thicker handle blaster ("browny" plastic). You are also spot on with the Alt Hilt Sabre.

I have a 65-B MIHK coming soon. I'm expecting the accessories to be consistent with the above. If there is anything different I will let you know.

Regards,

Craig
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:58 am

Has anyone checked their LL Bespin blaster for Squid head- guide says V1, I'm 90% sure it is V5?!!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:51 pm

i just checked my ledy squidhead's both my green and red cape squid's have the v1 mold bespin blaster.my mim carded green cape squidhead has the v5 mold bespin blaster.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIG - Errors and Corrections

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-